S2S Industries is a Canadian company specialized in cold forming spirals for municipal, industrial and agricultural applications at competitive pricing. We manufacture every kind of conveyor screw. Our screws can be designed and manufactured to fit all available screw conveyor replacement OEM parts. S2S Industries meets and exceeds all standards of the industry. We manufacture a complete line of standard spirals and also design and manufacture custom spirals to meet our clients’ highest demands. S2S Industries has developed its own software that allows us to design, engineer and manufacture improved spiral profiles and a combination of steel tailored to the specific needs of our clients.
Why use a screw conveyor?
When thinking about conveying bulk material, a number of options are available to you, the most commonly used are:
- Belt conveyor
- Pneumatic conveyor
- Aero mechanical conveyor
So why choose screw conveying over those solutions?
First of all lets start with a quick definition of what a screw conveyor is : a device for moving loose materials, consisting of a shaft with a broad, helically wound blade rotating in a tube or trough. It is also often referred as an auger conveyor or an helical conveyor.
The definition and images on Wikipedia can also be of help to get a better idea of the possible applications for such devices. It can also be called a worm conveyor in some cases.
There are a number of advantages for screw conveyors :
- The possibility to handle from dry solids to semi fluid materials
- The cost effectiveness of the solution
- The possibility to have multiple inlets, outlets and discharge points in the conveyor
- The possibility to build an enclosed conveyor for corrosive or hazardous requirements
On top of those advantages for traditional shafted screw conveyors, you can also add some specific advantages for shaftless screw conveyors:
- Possibility to handle sticky and sluggish bulk material without the risk of material building up around the screw's shaft
- The efficiency is higher due to the fact that the conveyor can work with a filling rate of up to 100%
- Because the shaftless screw conveyors do not need hangers and bearings, layout is much easier, therefore saving space and money