Sanexen Environmental Services inc. (SANEXEN) is a contractor and consultant specializing in contaminated site remediation and Water Main Rehabilitation. Our team of scientists also performs studies and assessments related to other environmental issues. Over the past 30 years, SANEXEN has completed contracts totalling more than half a billion Canadian dollars in the environmental and water main rehabilitation fields. The company has acquired great expertise and developed many technologies adapted to the needs of both private businesses and public organizations grappling with various environmental issues.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Consulting firm
- Industry Type:
- Site Remediation
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Sanexen is able to develop turnkey-type projects by drawing on the varied skills of its nearly 300-strong workforce. In 2009, the company expanded its service offerings following the acquisition of Niedner, a century-old manufacturing plant. Niedner’s products include ALTRA10 (formely Aqua-Pipe), a water main liner designed and developed by Sanexen. In 2011, the company opened an office in France, which led to the acquisition of a bioprocessing centre for contaminated soils, 70 km west of Paris.
Sanexen also owns 49% of Qikiqtaaluk Environmental (QE), an Inuit company based in Iqaluit (Nunavut). This partnership has positioned Sanexen to offer its expertise in all areas of the Far North. Focusing on the future, the company offers its clients unique expertise in the field and a team that is fully dedicated to solving their issues. Sanexen is also in partnership with AVATAANI, a company serving the region of Nunavik.
Sanexen was created in 1985, emerging from an industrial cleaning company known as Groupe Sanivan. In 1991, a group of employees. A few months later, Logistec, a marine transportation service provider, became a majority shareholder in the company, while Sanexen employees maintained a 30% share.
Environment, Health & Safety
Sanexen’s unconditional commitment towards environment, health and safety (EHS) is summarized by its vision to be the leader in its field and to provide a safe and secure workplace to its employees and subcontractors. To accomplish this, Sanexen commits to:
- Meet or exceed the applicable EHS regulatory requirements and to integrate EHS parameters in all business decisions;
- Set objectives, assess performance and periodically review its EHS policies and procedures for effectiveness and continuous improvement;
- Strive to eliminate all EHS incidents and accidents through rigorous risk management procedures and root cause analyses in order to implement the necessary preventive and corrective measures;
- Provide information, instructions, training and supervision to ensure employees perform their work safely, while avoiding negative impacts to the environment.
To ensure the implementation of the elements described in our policy, Sanexen has an EHS program, based on a management system, and an EHS department within its organizational structure.