Scheuch GmbH was founded on 5th January, 1963 by Alois Scheuch in the Austrian town of Ried, and celebrated its 50-year anniversary in 2013. In its half a century of history, Scheuch has always stood for innovative solutions for air purification in industrial enterprises. Innovative air and environmental technology for industrial applications has been Scheuch`s stock in trade for 50 years now. Whether the solutions involve extraction, dedusting, conveying, flue gas purification or plant manufacturing, Scheuch is a leading expert with a pole position on the market in numerous sectors, and offers its customers application-specific, high-quality solutions to their air and environmental technology issues. As an expert partner, Scheuch has made a global name for itself in air and environmental technology, and many customers have expressed their recognition of this by working with the company for several years.
As the company has done in the past, Scheuch's future will focus on the challenges of specific customer solutions and standardised products, as well as those presented by both regional and international markets.
We are seeing a growing trend towards consolidation among customers and stronger pressure from competition. This has led to projects being carried out in countries that are increasingly further afield and our company becoming more and more international.
At the same time, however, Scheuch wants to keep its business at a stable size in the Innviertel region. And it not only applies this philosophy to its Aurolzmünster headquarters, but also carries it through to the entire German-speaking region; the company's traditional home market that it has served for 50 years now.
'Thanks to its 50 years of experience, in-depth expertise in technology matters and outstanding skills when it comes to consultation and problem-solving, Scheuch is in an ideal position to rise to the challenges that international customers will bring in the future', says DI Stefan Scheuch, Managing Director of Scheuch GmbH.
When Alois Scheuch founded this company more than 45 years ago, he did so with a commitment to making high levels of customer satisfaction the company’s most important goal.
Today, as then, this adopted principle not only remains valid, it continues to guide our thoughts and actions as we engage on many levels in the fields of ventilation and environmental technology, so that together we can make a valuable contribution to the protection of the global climate.
The interests of our customers are thereby the focal point of all our considerations as we strive to find the best technical and economic solutions to meet their needs. We do this so that every customer can make long-term investments knowing that the underlying technological concept will stand the test of time, that equipment can be retrofitted or converted as technological advances are made, and that cost reductions can be achieved while simultaneously increasing performance and safety levels.
The result has been close and responsible working relationships culminating in long-term partnerships characterized by our joint efforts to achieve again and again a new level of technical and economic optimization.
This lasting effect benefits both our customers and ourselves, creating a win-win situation for both sides in what we call a living win-win partnership.
Over 50 years, this family-operated company has grown from a traditional sheet metal fabrication enterprise to a major international business. Today, Scheuch is active throughout the world and is a leader in ventilation and environmental technology within many sectors of industry.
The milestones of the success story
Alois Scheuch takes over his father's sheet metal fabrication business with 6 staff members. His first big order is to build the first ventilation system for the hospital in Ried.
- The first dedusting system is set up in a joiner's workshop.
- First orders are received from the chipboard industry.
- Scheuch sets itself up for the metals and industrial minerals industries.
- Scheuch employs over 100 staff members.
- Alois Scheuch has the IMPULS cleaning system for filter bags patented.
- Scheuch employs over 200 staff members.
- The year of developments: the product range is enhanced with the electrostatic precipitator and plants for flue gas cleaning and exhaust gas cleaning for the chipboard industry.
- From this point onwards, production takes place at the 9300 m² Aurolzmünster site in Austria.
- New office building in Aurolzmünster.
- With over 500 staff members, two important developments achieve success:
- emc technology for the cement industry
- The LIGNO filter range
- Scheuch has the ERCS system patented.
- Scheuch receives the patent for the pressure adjustment system used in filter bag cleaning.
- Marks the start of production at the Prievidza plant in Slovakia (Scheuch s.r.o.)
- Marks the beginning of the generational handover. While Alois Scheuch works on the supervisory board, his son, Stefan Scheuch, assumes responsibility for some of the operational management duties.
- The IMPULS flat-bag filter/IMPULS oval bag filter and deconox process for NOx reduction are developed.
- Together, Stefan Scheuch and Jörg Jeliniewski lead over 700 staff members.
- Outsourcing of the wood division and foundation of Scheuch LIGNO in Mehrnbach, Austria.
- Acquisition of LBH in Wolfsegg, Austria, with over 70 staff members.
- Acquisition of the American ventilation and environment technology specialists CAMCORP with over 70 staff members.
- Acquisition of the American ventilation and environment technology specialists Schust with over 70 staff members.