SEI Industries Ltd.
Established in 1978, SEI Industries Ltd. is an industrial fabric products manufacturer best known for its invention of the world-famous Bambi Bucket which is used by helicopters to drop water on forest fires. Today, operating from a full-service 48,000 sq. ft. (4,460 sq. m.) manufacturing facility located in Delta, BC, Canada, SEI supplies more than 45 unique products that serve more than 50 military forces as well as a diversity of commercial enterprises. SEI has a global agent network with two international offices and seven international repair facilities. Currently, SEI products are in use in 110 countries around the world.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Fire Safety
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Our Role in the Global Marketplace
In the global marketplace, SEI has cultivated a unique, innovative capability not readily found elsewhere in the world by designing, engineering and manufacturing products from industrial fabrics.
Other SEI capabilities include the design and manufacturing of pumping/filtration units as well as technical problem-solving using our proprietary new-generation, high-strength, lightweight fabrics. SEI also excels at creating specialized power generation and liquid transfer systems.
SEI’s customer base includes oil and mineral exploration companies, aviation companies, government agencies, military forces, the United Nations, relief agencies, original equipment manufacturers and Fortune 500 companies. Our customers operate in many sectors including:
- Disaster relief agencies
- Government and military peacekeeping deployment operations
- Resource base exploration activities, and
- Environmental primary/secondary containment industry.
Today, SEI Industries’ many product groups reflect this widespread diversity centered around a common theme of innovative industrial fabrics.
Products in the News
SEI is proud to be a manufacturer of many products that assist with humanitarian efforts, help protect the environment as well as support commercial and military operations in 110 countries around the world. Often, these products are seen in the news without any recognition that they were produced by SEI.
The list below provides a small sampling of the type of global roles that SEI products have played:
- Nuclear site cool-down after Japan’s devastating tsunami (using the Bambi Bucket)
- Clean, potable water storage during Haiti’s earthquake relief effort (using the Onion tank)
- Assistance with Columbia’s drug enforcement activities (using the BATT and Jungle King tank)
- Custom decontamination trailers for use in biological, radiological and terrorist events (FBI, FEMA, military hospitals and the National Guard)
- Critical firefighting products that are used from Australia to Italy to Asia (80% of the world’s market share)
- Robust remote site solutions that are designed for specific climates and help to create new jobs from resource exploration, construction and development activities in countries around the world (e.g. mining and drilling operations)
- Military solutions that minimize risks during combat and support civilian emergency response (fuel storage, fuel pump systems, water storage)
- Secondary containment products that protect the environment, prevent spills and ensure compliance to regulations (SEI products are being used in the WWII DEW-Line clean-up effort)