Shell Engineering & Associates, Inc.
Shell Engineering and Associates is an environmental consulting company formed in 1975 located in Columbia, Missouri USA. Shell Engineering performs air and water assessments to quantify/define the environmental impact from industrial/public operations. This includes emission calculations, assistance with obtaining environmental permits and ambient air monitoring studies. Our first modeling jobs in the mid 1970`s involved dispersion air modeling to determine the impact of utility and industrial sites to determine the effect of proposed environmental regulations being considered at that time. Ambient air monitoring for one of our first clients was established in 1978 to fulfill the requirements of the newly written Federal Prevention of Significant Deterioration regulations. Since the 1970`s, numerous similar environmental studies have been undertaken to help industry operate within environmentally acceptable manners.
We provide one-stop Environmental Consulting Service for most regulated operations.
Our engineers have helped facilities of all sizes since 1975 and understand which changes are most important for each industry, from the smallest to the largest operations, with real-world economic considerations.
Environmental Consulting & Preparation Services |Air, Water & More
- Permitting & Reporting | EIQs, Exemption Requests, Notifications….
- Monitoring & Modelling | Screening, Dispersion Modelling…
- Regulatory| All Air State- and Federal-Permitting & Reporting Requirements
- Non-Regulatory| Troubleshooting, community response, court evidence…
Why choose Shell Engineering for your next regulatory project?
Our Permitting experience in both industry and government gives our clients the best-fitting projects for each facility’s unique size and situation.
Shell Project Advantages | 46 Years of Permit Engineering
- Complete project submittals backed by current regulations to expedite government processing.
- Established trust from both industry and regulators to communicate real-world needs.
- A better understanding of practical options from our history of helping all sizes of clients – from the largest sources (utilities, for example) to the smallest businesses (like rock quarries).
Decades of leadership in industrial environmental permitting, clarifying rule changes to distinguish the ones with realistic benefits for our clients.
Save time & money with custom-fit, efficient projects vs. hiring in-house EHS/Regulatory Staff.
Whether you need Permitting for your plans or proof you don’t
Our years of expertise can help you use yours.
Shell Engineering & Associates, Inc. is all about sustaining manufacturing by helping with their environmental regulatory requirements.
- Founded in 1975 by Harvey Shell, P.E., chemical engineer and one of the first Air Program Directors, Shell Engineering continues to track regulatory improvements to help industries of all sizes.
- Shell Engineering consulted for some of the first major-source permits and has been monitoring for these “PSD” permits ever since.
- Shell Engineering has operated continuously from Columbia, MO, since 1975, helping regulated facilities of all sizes save time with their environmental requirements.
- We have seen DNR’s many changes over the decades and empower our clients to use any significant improvements to benefit their bottom-line.
Company Objective | Sustaining Our Regulated Manufacturing Economy
Leaders in Air Permitting & Monitoring Since 1975 our engineers continue to sift through the volumes of constantly changing regulations to figure out which ones best support our manufacturing economy, challenging or clarifying with regulators as needed to meet your goals.
Founded by one of the first Directors of Missouri’s Air Permitting Program Shell Engineering & Associates, Inc. continues to lead the way giving industries the most options and least hindered applications and requests.
Our clients can stay ahead of their competition – both local and from afar – with Shell Engineers’ century-plus of combined air regulatory experience, labor in industry, and continued hard work to get the most bang for your buck – from largest emitters to smallest Mom & Pop shops.
With Shell Coverage you don’t just get over a century of combined air regulatory engineering. The Shell Advantage comes from our longstanding dedication to help industries of all types and sizes.
Your custom compliance solution project is designed – maximizing the benefits vs. cost of your Permitting & Reporting Projects – whether they are required by law or are your option to improve your operations.
We are happy to answer any questions to see which Shell Services may help you keep ahead!