The shentongroup of businesses is a family owned partnership of four companies based in Andover Hampshire. he company has a 20,000 sq ft manufacturing and office facility providing a central hub for the operation of our UK wide network. In addition it has regional offices in Edinburgh, Birmingham, Lowestoft, and Harlow and a network of engineering staff strategically positioned around mainland UK. Comprising of Scorpion Power Systems, Merlin Power Management, Powercall UK and Celtaire, the group is able to provide a totally integrated solution for all power and air conditioning services. These include standby power & CHP; complete support and service structure for Generators, UPS and Switchgear; emergency generator rental solution and the design, installation and servicing of small and medium sized Air Conditioning and Air Cleaning Systems. The company operates a nationwide rapid response service and maintenance network using its own engineers and technicians. shentongroup’s network
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
We keep companies – of all sizes, across every industry and in any UK location, no matter how remote – fully functioning in the face of mains power failure or the ongoing absence of available mains power.
We’re a family-owned and family-run business that brings the best of the small business ethos – genuine, caring customer relationships and pride in our work – to a big business environment. We’re big enough, knowledgeable enough and agile enough to count industry leaders among our clients, but affordable and accessible enough to keep small companies, such as independent care homes, just as happy.
For more than 30 years now we’re proud to say that our standby power generators and UPS systems have provided the continuous power which, on numerous occasions, hasn’t just saved businesses their livelihoods, data and reputation, but has saved lives.
Backing-up corporate Britain, shentongroup will become the No. 1 provider of innovative standby power solutions for every mission critical organisation.
Delivering true peace of mind…..
- Our Products and Services meet or exceed the demands for which they were designed
- Our Systems ensure that our promises are achievable and kept
- Our People demonstrate levels of integrity and commitment that exceed our client expectations
Untiring devotion to our client’s requirements is a given quality in every individual in the shentongroup team; – We never walk away from a problem
What we say is what we do – guaranteed!
Highly trained in every critical area, shentongroup‘s technical team are ideally positioned to support our clients when they need us most
At shentongroup we are committed to open, sincere, straightforward communications. Honesty is more than just a policy.
We believe in training to excess and can boast over 150 years of industry renowned experience. Not everyone has the skills, innovation and ability to solve like we do.
Attention to detail, coupled with unrivalled perseverance drives our team to succeed, every time.
Close knit teamwork is at the heart of our operation, and key to our high performance levels. We ask our team to work in a caring & respectful atmosphere that’s supportive yet challenging and competitive. This creates an ideal environment for our culture of continuous improvement.
Code of Conduct
- Be thankful
- Be facial
- Be prompt
- Be safe
- Use facts, not fiction
- Tell the truth – always
- Clean your vehicle
- No swearing or blasphemy
- Elevate others & yourself
- Work on your weaknesses – they will become your strengths
- Be professional and presentable
- Be positive & innovative – 2 solutions for every 1 problem
- Email – would you say it face to face?
- Promote inter-department relations
- We supply “clients” not “customers”
- Our client has a name – use it regularly
- Reply to all customer correspondence within 24 hours
- Deliver unrivalled customer service – companywide
- Refer to shentongroup as “we” & “us” not “they”
- Never become complacent with regular clients
- Smile again!
Power with responsibility.
shentongroup is a family-owned Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), our expertise stretches back three decades.
Established in 1982, we started by selling diesel generators, our reputation and experience has shaped the business to it’s current format. We are now considered the UK’s leading technical experts in standby power, uninterruptible power supplies and combined heat & power systems.
By 1987 our name – Scorpion Power Systems – was already a byword for outstanding quality standby and prime power generation. In 1989 we signed our first contract with the Ministry of Defence: to supply the British Army for the Gulf conflict.
The need to provide generator maintenance was growing. It didn’t seem right to sell a generator and walk away – we wanted to be sure our customers would remain in safe, capable hands. We began to establish a wider network of support engineers and offer generator maintenance contracts and UPS support. By 1997 the maintenance and support side of the business was in huge demand too.
So, that year we established Merlin Power Management and a nationwide network of power supply engineers offering 24/7 emergency response and service.
In 2003 we acquired a national HV and LV switchgear company – broadening our power failure management capability and offering our customers a more complete service.
In 2004 we launched Power Call – the UK’s first and only emergency generator call-out system. Now even small sites without the space or need for a permanent generator could have emergency power within the hour.
For some years we’d been looking for a suitable sustainable energy solution to get involved with, ideally combined heat and power. CHP’s reputation for reliable, constant power generation married perfectly with our entire ethos of providing clients with peace of mind as well as power. In 2008 we launched powertherm CHP systems onto the UK market. We’re now the sole authorised distributor for TEDOM, the leading European CHP system manufacturer.
Following further acquisitions in 2008 and 2009, in 2010 we merged Scorpion Power Systems, Merlin Power Management and Power Call to become Shenton Global LLP, trading as shentongroup. Already our customers have seen the boost in customer service and ease of communication.
We’re continuing to grow, to innovate, to deliver on our promises. We’re living up to our reputation as the UK’s leading technical experts in standby power, uninterruptible power supplies and combined heat and power systems.
Shentongroup‘s aim is to provide the highest levels of customer service. Each customer is treated as an individual and provided with focused solutions by a flexible and innovative dedicated support team and network of technical engineers.
Our Quality Objectives
- Our mission is to provide the highest level of customer service through our corporate philosophy of commitment, innovation and integrity.
- Our products and services must meet or exceed the demands for which they were designed.
- Our systems must ensure that our promises are achievable and kept.
- Our people must demonstrate levels of integrity and commitment that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our Quality Targets
- To increase the quantity of satisfaction surveys dispatched to closely monitor our level of customer satisfaction.
- To respond as a matter of urgency to any customer queries, so that we maintain our highest levels of commitment to our customers.
- To closely monitor our suppliers and subcontractors to uphold a high level of service to our customers.
- To continue to audit our quality systems on a monthly basis for full traceability of our documents.
- To provide in-house training for all staff on all relevant technical subjects and to demonstrate the way we guarantee our commitment and integrity to our customers.
- To maintain certification to BS EN ISO 9001:2008
All of our employees are encouraged to consider the above aims and targets in their day to day work and to monitor how objectives can be achieved and continually improved. We have an open invitation to all our people to make their own suggestions of new ways in which we can increase our levels of customer satisfaction.
We are aware of our responsibilities as an employer and work hard to minimise our impact on the environment, both locally and worldwide. It is our policy to continually try to reduce waste, conserve energy, use sustainably sourced products and goods (where possible) and encourage others to do the same.
- To comply with the relevant legislative and non legislative codes of conduct to which shentongroup subscribes
- To minimise the environmental impact of processes by controlling waste
- To optimise the use of resources and the consumption of energy
- To establish, maintain and test environmental emergency contingency plans
- To encourage employee support and participation by consultation and provision of training and other necessary assistance, to promote the achievement of the shentongroup environmental objectives
- To monitor and review environmental performance as part of the Environmental Management System
- Openly and efficiently communicate our policy, standards and performance
- Liaise with suppliers/subcontractors and customers to facilitate improvement in environmental practices in manufacturing and installation and promote the recycling of materials
- To increase staff awareness of environmental issues
- Increase the amount of paper and cardboard waste that is recycled. A dedicated skip for paper based material is provided and all staff actively encouraged to make full use of it.
- Reduce energy consumption by 2% to percentage of growth
- Provide Environmental information by way of notice board including policy and legislation changes Provide in house training for all engineering staff on the correct handling of environmentally hazardous products and how to effectively clean up a spillage
- Continue to implement environmental procurement
- Evaluate raw material sources and negotiate with suppliers to source products with minimal adverse environmental impacts where possible
- Include environmental performance in customer survey to monitor our efforts to reduce environmental impacts
- Maintain Certification to BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- Respond as a matter of urgency to any equipment failures that would have an environmental impact
Employees are encouraged to consider the above aims and targets in relation to their working practices and to monitor how objectives can be achieved and continually improved. Employees are invited to initiate further suggestions, measures to reduce waste, conserve energy and help maintain the environment.
Health & Safety
The following is a statement of the organisation’s health and safety policy in accordance with Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
It is the policy of shentongroup to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all employees working for the company and other persons who may be affected by our undertakings.
shentongroup acknowledges that the key to successful health and safety management requires an effective policy, organisation and arrangements, which reflect the commitment of senior management. To maintain that commitment, we will continually measure, monitor and revise where necessary, an annual plan to ensure that health and safety standards are adequately maintained.
Harry Irving will implement the company’s health and safety policy and recommend any changes to meet new circumstances. shentongroup recognises that successful health and safety management contributes to successful business performance and will allocate adequate finances and resources to meet these needs.
The management of shentongroup looks upon the promotion of health and safety measures as a mutual objective for themselves and employees. It is therefore, the policy of management to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property. Also, the organisation aims to protect everyone, including visitors and members of the public, insofar as they come into contact with our activities, from any foreseeable hazard or danger.
All employees have duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and are informed of their personal responsibilities to take due care of the health and safety of themselves and to ensure that they do not endanger other persons by their acts or omissions. Employees are also informed that they must co-operate with the organisation in order that it can comply with the legal requirements placed upon it and in the implementation of this policy. shentongroup will ensure continued consultation with the workforce to enable all viewpoints and recommendations to be discussed at regular intervals.
The organisation will ensure a systematic approach to identifying hazards, assessing the risks, determining suitable and sufficient control measures and informing employees of the correct procedures needed to maintain a safe working environment.
We will provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe places and systems of work, safe plant and machinery, safe handling of materials and substances, the provision of adequate safety equipment and ensure that appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision is given.
We regard all health and safety legislation as the minimum standard and expect management to achieve their targets without compromising health and safety.