Solmax is the world’s leading geosynthetics manufacturer. Our products contain and drain, shielding the soil, water, and air from toxins and pollutants in applications as critical as the landfills of the world’s most populated cities and mines operating in fragile ecosystems. With plants in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, our products are sold in over 60 countries, trusted by some of the biggest names in mining, oil and gas, water and waste management, and civil engineering. Our leadership is built on 40 years’ of product innovation and excellence. We aim to reshape the industry, leading change by bringing to market innovative products that are more reliable, stronger, resistant to contaminants, and affordable, even in developing countries. Solmax’s business model, its rigor, its partners and its locations, enable the company to be one of the most competitive suppliers on the global market. Visit www.solmax.com/en?utm_source=xprt
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
To be the choice of the most conscientious companies—companies who understand the environmental impact of their activities, and seek quality solutions to preserve the planet’s most important natural resources—the air, water and earth.
To anticipate market needs and offer a balanced portfolio between commodities and value-added differentiated products.
Purpose: To reduce the environmental impact of human activity and protect natural resources by developing innovative products, systems and methods...
...systems or methods linked either directly or indirectly to plastics processing...
…and as cost-effective and well-performing as possible to improve individuals’ quality of life in the largest number of areas worldwide.
Solmax works with governments to draw up industry regulations, and collaborates with stakeholders worldwide to raise environmental requirements. We also work with our customers to enhance the technical design of geosynthetic solutions for their projects.
ISO and Industry-Rated
Our products meet the standards and regulations of the countries in which we operate.
Solmax has achieved ISO 14001 certification for environmental management, and ISO 9001 for quality assurance. Our laboratories are accredited by the Geosynthetic Accreditation Institute – Lab Accreditation Program (GAI-LAP), assuring our customers that we apply the highest standards in product testing. Solmax has also achieved BAM, Asqual, KIWA, CE, and other certifications. Extensive manufacturing quality assurance (MQA) testing is performed on our products at our labs.Global coverage
Where you are
Solmax has grown. With representation in more regions, we have access to better materials at better prices and we are closer to our customers. Our sales and engineering professionals are located all around the world, providing local services to our global customers.
- Jacques Côté launched Solmax (then known as Matériaux Techniques Côté) in Canada in 1981. The company quickly evolved from distribution of geosynthetic products to installation and manufacturing, expanding its footprint to the USA, France, Venezuela and Chile.
- In 1994, Jean-Louis Vangeluwe, now the CEO and President of Solmax, was appointed as a business development consultant.
- Solmax withdrew from the installation sector in 2007 and, in 2009, established a manufacturing plant in Malaysia in 2009.
- In 2010, Solmax’s business strategy shifted from cost leadership to differentiation and innovation. Capacity building continued and the assets of Brawler were acquired in the USA.
- By 2017, Solmax ranked third in geosynthetics sector and acquired then global industry leader GSE Environmental.
- The integration of GSE gives Solmax the clout to pursue its vision – to lead change in the industry. GSE's origins can be traced back to Schlegel Lining Technology and Gundle Lining Systems, pioneers of the first high-density polyethylene product in 1972. The company grew through a merger with SLT Environmental in 1995 and the acquisition of Serrot International in 2002. In 2012, GSE became GSE Environmental and, by 2017, it was recognised as the industry leader.
- Through 2018, to accommodate the integration of the companies, Solmax became Solmax-GSE. The integration extends the global reach of the company, positioning it advantageously within the value chain, and gives it the agility to quickly commercialise and scale new innovation, products and services.
- In 2019, the company announced it would henceforth be known as Solmax in all the territories in which it operates. Its goal is to use its strength, reach and talent to reset the pace in the industry and stimulate advancement.