Solmedia Limited helps you to run the most efficient laboratory by supplying you with the best equipment and consumables. Through our culture of continuous improvement and friendly support, we will continue to identify the changing demands of your laboratory. Our staff work with efficiency, purpose and 100% commitment in order to fulfil expectations with integrity, enthusiasm and intelligence. Our business relationships will be honest, loyal and reliable and we will always strive to provide the best possible service to our customers and suppliers. Over 90 Years Service to Laboratories Worldwide.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
We will provide the service and products that exceed your expectations. Our work will be cemented with integrity, loyalty and reliability.OUR VALUES
- Excellence: Uncompromising mission to provide excellence at every level
- Knowledge Sharing: We mutually discuss, collaborate, listen and share information
- Responsibility: Responsible for our client, our staff and the environment
- Passion: Unequalled passion and enthusiasm for advancement
- Trust: To instil trust into employees, affiliated partners and clients alike
We at Solmedia Limited work to a high standard of service to all customers, both new and established, with the following:
- Preferential stock holding delivering the exact brand or product you require.
- Proactive sales and production teams to ensure your requirements are met when you need them.
- Product sourcing across a huge selection of manufacturers.
- Product technical support.
- Flexible delivery schedule to assist stock and budget management.
Solmedia is here to help you to run the most efficient laboratory
In 1910 Mr. F.R. Chopping, a Laboratory Technician at the Westminster Hospital demonstrated to the Microscopical Society for the first time in this country the use of desiccated culture media. He named the product ‘Solmedia’ and a Trade Mark was registered in that name on October 6th 1910.
He continued to produce and supply Solmedia to laboratories worldwide and in 1934 Solmedia was incorporated as a Limited Company. As a consequence, the range of products supplied was greatly increased to include all products associated with pathology and biological science.
During the war Solmedia was used to test the safety of water supplies and dairy produce for the British Forces overseas.
The establishment of the National Health Service in 1948 opened further opportunities for expansion, and larger premises were acquired in 1960, 1987 and again in 2013 to service the growth of the Healthcare Sector in routine and research pathology.
Today from the central offices and distribution centre in the West Midlands, Solmedia supplies an ever-expanding and innovative product range which meets the continual demand for increased productivity and ongoing development.