Source Testing Association (STA)
The Source Testing Association (STA) is a non-profit making technical trade association which was established in 1995 and has a corporate membership of over 200 companies from process operators, regulators, equipment suppliers and test laboratories. The STA is committed to the advancement of the science and practice of emission monitoring and to develop and maintain a high quality of service to customers.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
- contribute to the development of industry standards, codes, safety procedures and operating principles;
- encourage the personal and professional development of practicing source testers and students;
- maintain a body of current sampling knowledge;
- assist in maintenance of a high level of ethical conduct;
- seek co-operative endeavours with other professional organisations, institutions and regulatory bodies, nationally and internationally, that are engaged in source emissions testing.
The Associations headquarters are based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire with meeting rooms, library and administration offices.
The Association offers a package of benefits to its members which include:
- Local Authority Part B guidance
- Technical advice relating to emission monitoring and MCERTS
- Conference, seminars and exhibitions
- Representation on National, European and International standards organisations
- Training in relation to many aspects of emission monitoring
- Liaison with regulators, UK and International, many of whom are members.