SPECTRAL EVOLUTION manufactures state of the art UV-VIS-NIR-SWIR full range spectroradiometers, spectrophotometers and spectrometer systems for laboratory or handheld portable use. Our systems are used worldwide in analytical, environmental, industrial and medical diagnostics markets.
SPECTRAL EVOLUTION specializes in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art full range UV- VIS-NIR spectrometers for lab, industrial and field portable use. Our systems feature both InGaAs and Si photodiode arrays integrated into one lightweight, compact spectrometer package eliminating the hassle of integrating multiple boxes to cover 350-2500nm full spectrum measurements.
- We only use photodiode arrays and fixed grating systems to avoid the use of light-robbing fiber optics within our instruments. This increases system sensitivity and overall reliability since there are no moving gratings to drift or malfunction. We make every effort to build systems that won't break down during your mission critical work.
- We strive to make our systems small and lightweight (3.5kg or less) yet rugged for everyday use. Our portable systems are powered with lightweight high capacity LiIon batteries and can be operated in stand-alone fashion or with small handheld mobile computers to keep your travel load as light as possible.
- We constantly look for ways to make our instruments and software the easiest to use- with one- touch autoexposure - autodark shutter - autoranging controls and easy software pulldown menus. Our Bluetooth interface on most models makes wireless connections easy and straightforward.
- The Spectral Evolution approach is to examine an application's requirements, apply systems engineering, and provide a solution based on our modular illumination, sampling, and spectral detection technologies available. The Spectral Evolution team has developed and produced thousands of spectral measuring systems for a variety of applications.
- Spectral Evolution is committed to ensuring customer satisfaction. We believe that a solution must meet the all of the customer's application requirements.
The SPECTRAL EVOLUTION team hosts a multidisciplinary engineering and marketing staff with experiences in many different spectroscopic fields and applications. The company was founded by Dennis Witz who led spectrometer R&D for leading companies in the Remote Sensing and Analytical Instruments fields. As Director of Engineering for Geophysical & Environmental Research Corp. (GER), he championed the development of a family of photodiode array based, Full Range (UV, Vis, and NIR) Field Portable Spectroradiometers and advanced the technologies of airborne hyper-spectral imaging systems. As the Biomedical Systems Group Leader at PerkinElmer, he led the development and production of spectrometer, spectrophotometer, and illumination systems for use in Life Science instrumentation, Clinical Diagnostic instruments, On-Line Process Monitoring (PAT) systems and many other applications. He also supported Beckman-Coulter's Scientific Instruments products as a member of their engineering group.