Stopford Projects Limited
Stopford Projects Limited have become established as a multi-disciplinary company. We offer engineering design and project management services from concept and process design through to construction management and commissioning. We are an organisation devoted to the development of innovation throughout the industries we serve and have gained a reputation for the professionalism and quality of our work. It is our vision to create change in a constantly evolving world, so that through working together we ensure the survival and success of our clients. Stopford is now one of the fastest growing design engineering and management consultancies in the UK, specialising in the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and environmental sectors worldwide.
From a multi discipline engineering design drawing office Stopford Projects has grown into a well established and highly respected consultancy company.
Located in North West of England, Stopford Projects initially provided engineering services to the nearby petrochemical industry. Over the past three decades the company has broadened its portfolio to also include bulk chemical, pharmaceutical, fine chemical and the nuclear sector. More recently our in house environmental research & development department has allowed us to provide engineering support to the renewable energy sector.
At Stopford we understand the dynamics of modern engineering and therefore offer a unique mix of engineering expertise from project management and procurement to commissioning and construction, all underpinned with excellent commercial awareness. We cover an impressive range of sectors with an extensive experience in process, electrical, mechanical and other engineering disciplines. Throughout the spectrum of our capabilities we remain committed to providing high class engineering consultancy through driving operational excellence in our business.
Key points about Stopford Projects:
- Providing comprehensive in-house engineering expertise, which enables a high level of project control and flexibility.
- We offer an array of technical and management services, which enables us to function as a one-stop shop for all of your engineering requirements.
- We have experienced engineers and consultants who fully understand the needs of the industries they serve.
- We understand our client's requirements in the context of their business objectives.
- We have an excellent reputation for service, quality and reliability, with a successful cost and schedule track record.
- Multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy also offering bespoke research and development services.
- We provide a total turnkey solutions.
- We have an extensive portfolio of projects and are capable of undertaking the role of owner engineer up to $220M.
- Utilisation of cutting edge software to deliver high quality engineering and project management.
- Over 30% of our engineers are chartered within a relevant institute.
- Clients are designated a specialist team of consultants and engineers, formed to compliment their specific needs.
- Committed to the continual improvement of our processes and services via our ISO 9001:2008 Certification, multiple University alliances and the development of expertise in niche markets.
Stopford Projects Limited was formed in 1982 in the Northwest of England to specifically provide engineering design and project management services. These services were predominantly aimed to assist petrochemical and related manufacturing companies then located in the region. From its inception, Stopford has built up a multi-national client base.
In late 2007, Stopford formed a joint venture company with MacDonald Humfrey (Automation) Ltd. The new business, named MHA-Stopford Ltd, will carry out turnkey projects for chemical and process related industries. It will be based at Custom House, Ellesmere Port, which is MacDonald Humfrey Ltd’s northwest office.
Stopford has proven expertise and capability in the Environmental sector. The increasing global need for environmental sustainability has resulted in Stopford developing a core competence in environmentally focussed projects. Stopford have been successful in developing a core expertise in Waste to Energy projects, Biofuels technology and energy efficiency consultancy work. Stopford see the benefits of developing its own capabilities in environmental technologies and to this end, greater collaboration with academia has been forged. In January 2008 Stopford opened an office in the Lancaster Environment Centre at Lancaster University which enables us to work closely with the University staff and provides access to facilities in which to undertake research and development projects. In 2010 the Stopford R&D department became our subsidiary company Stopford Energy and Environment Ltd.
Stopford is now one of the fastest growing design engineering and management consultancies in the UK, specialising in the petrochemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and environmental sectors worldwide.