StormwaterONE.com is operated by StormwaterONE, L.L.C. StormwaterONE is a private occupational trade school for stormwater management. Our school is located in Meriden, Connecticut, which is roughly halfway between New York City and Boston (EPA Region 1). Our school has been in operation since 2007 and to date we have trained and credentialed more than fifteen thousand construction professionals on the subject of stormwater management through our Internet-based learning system, which is referred to as the eCampus. As the leader in computer-based stormwater management training and credentialing, our school`s mission is to provide our students with the most comprehensive and up to date training of individual stormwater permits.
Our certificate programs provide professionals with the skills and qualifications required to maintain construction sites in accordance with section 402 of the Clean Water Act. Section 402 of the Clean Water Act outlines the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting program and requires all construction sites disturbing one (1) acre or more of land to obtain permit coverage to discharge stormwater and other wastewater from construction sites.
Although our programs prepare individuals to effectively maintain construction sites in compliance with the NPDES permitting program, we cannot guarantee placement in the field of stormwater management.
Individuals who complete our Qualified Compliance Inspector of Stormwater (QCIS) certificate program are able to:
- Identify the components and framework of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting program.
- Describe the proper installation and maintenance of stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Identify the steps necessary to inspect a construction sites and determine possible causes of BMP ineffectiveness and how to correct them.
- Explain how to complete an inspection report and document corrective actions.
- Summarize the communication process necessary for teamwork between owner, operators, contractors, and stormwater pollution prevention plan designer so the site stays in compliance throughout the construction project.
Individuals who complete the Qualified Preparer of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (QPSWPPP) will be able to perform all duties associated with the QCIS certificate as well as:
- Understand the documentation requirements associated with maintaining the SWPPP through all phases of construction activity.
- Understand the importance of providing ongoing assistance and leadership to all trades associated with construction activities ranging from laborers to Professional Engineers.
- Prepare a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) for construction activities.