Strongwell manufactures a complete line of corrosion resistant pultruded FRP structural components for the water/wastewater industry. Products include baffles, weirs, handrail, grating, odor control covers, and other fabricated structures. Strongwell’s product offerings for water and wastewater treatment include: Fiberglass Baffle Panels - Odor Covers - Fabricated Structures - Weirs, Scum Baffles & Flight Channel.
Strongwell has been pultruding fiber reinforced polymer composite structural products since 1956. Today, with more than 65 pultrusion machines and 647,000 square feet of manufacturing space in three plant locations, Strongwell has unequaled capacity, versatility and flexibility to meet the needs of its customers and allied partners. All Strongwell pultruded products are made in the USA.
The company is financially strong, total quality oriented, technically advanced, and customer focused. Strongwell's customers include Fortune 500 industrial and commercial firms, major architectural and engineering firms, leading contractors and distributors, and many other companies - both large and small - in a variety of markets.
This division is the company's largest manufacturing facility (398,000 sq. ft.) with more than 45 pultrusion machines. The corporate offices, including the corporate departments of finance, marketing and human resources, are located here along with the International Business Group and a 10,000 sq. ft. laboratory with ASTM test capabilities. In addition to the primary pultrusion manufacturing operations, the division manufactures molded grating, fabricates fiberglass structures and systems and builds pultrusion equipment and tooling. Bristol Division products include:
- EXTREN fiberglass structural shapes & plate
- DURASHIELD fiberglass foam core building panels
- COMPOSOLITE fiberglass building panel system
- SAFPLANK/ SAFDECK - fiberglass planking products for 100 lb./sq. ft. and 60 lb./sq. ft. loads
- Fiberglass ladder rails
- Cooling tower components
- DURAGRATE molded grating
- Carbon and glass reinforced automotive drive shaft tubes
- Custom pultrusions reinforced with glass or carbon fibers
- SAFPLATE fiberglass gritted plate
- SAFRAIL handrail systems
- SAFRAIL ladder and cage systems
- Fabricated structures - the design and fabrication of structures built with pultruded fiberglass components.
- PULSTAR pultrusion equipment
Design and fabrication of custom fiberglass structures and systems are done at both the Bristol and Chatfield divisions. Registered professional structural engineers are on staff at both locations. Typical fabricated products include:
- Bridge decks
- Raised floor systems
- Cable tray
- Platform and walkways
- Handrail systems
- Structures for water/waste water applications
- Structures and components for offshore oil platforms
- Rooftop cellular communication screening facades/structures
- Handrail systems