SunPower has been leading global solar innovation. SunPower solar panels consistently deliver more energy and long-term peace of mind with the highest performing solar power systems available.We design, manufacture and deliver new solar technologies. Raise standards. Break records. And, we’re also changing the way the world is powered. That’s why the people who know solar choose SunPower. SunPower is the solar energy choice of more homeowners and businesses around the world.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Solar Power
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
SunPower India Solar PV limited is a 100% subsidiary of the SunPower Corporation. Based in New Delhi, in the heart of the commercial district, the Indian branch has started operations in 2010.
The local team comprises of technical and business development engineers and has developed a deep knowledge of the Indian solar market and system requirements. At the same time, SunPower India’s team is able to draw on the vast experience and competences in the global PV industry of SunPower US and European teams.
SunPower India offers clients high efficiency technology as well as EPC services in cooperation with a wide network of local partners throughout India. Together with these partners we aim to provide clients with world class technology and exceptional service.
SunPower contributes to the development of Solar Industry in India
Being a role player in the solar industry, SunPower has a responsibility to the growth and well-being of the industry as a whole. SunPower India actively promotes the development of solar energy in the country and has joined two of the local solar energy associations namely, The Solar Energy Society of India (SESI) and The Solar Energy Association of Gujarat.
The company offers constant support for these associations through participation in local events and conferences.
SunPower India was amongst the leading companies who signed the declaration to promote Renewable Energies in India at the 3rd World Renewable Energy Technology Congress, held in Delhi in April 2012.
SunPower has been developing world record-breaking solar technology since the 1970s. Our history over these decades has been marked by creativity, craftsmanship – and confidence. Today we are the global leader in developing high-efficiency solar solutions for homes, businesses and governments, commercial buildings and utilities.
At SunPower, world-class quality leadership is a top priority. All of our employees share the responsibility to sustain and improve product quality and services for our customers - internal and external. We are committed to achieving world-class quality through operational excellence, continual improvement and satisfying customer needs in everything we do.
At SunPower, we are committed to achieving world-class product quality and reliability as stated in our Quality Policy. We expect our entire workforce as well as our suppliers to deliver the highest quality products, solutions and services that are worthy of our customers' trust and that enable our products to positively affect lives around the world. We use preventive processes and testing as our main approach to drive the highest quality standards and to ship products that meet our stated quality goals. Our commitment to continual quality improvement and customer satisfaction is an essential ingredient within our corporate culture and values. This commitment is a fundamental part of our corporate processes and systems. SunPower business organisations have built a Quality Management System foundation through certification to the ISO 9001 standard, with a roadmap to continually improve our business processes toward world class quality performance.
It's true that all solar produces clean energy, but SunPower doesn’t stop there. We raise the bar for environmental and social sustainability through our 'Beneficial by Design' philosophy that aims to be a regenerative force on the environment and society. From our DC panels that have achieved Cradle to Cradle Certified Silver recognition, to our Light on Land program, we are proud to lead the industry in environmental stewardship.
Our 'Beneficial by Design' Philosophy
SunPower has a closed-loop sustainability strategy that drives our business practices at every stage of our product lifecycle and beyond, extending to our employees and communities around the world.
- Sourcing: We proactively work with socially equitable and environmentally vigilant suppliers, and we regularly assess our supply chain for compatible eco-friendly practices.
- Materials: We endeavor to make smart choices about the materials we use…and don’t use, including seeking out “conflict-free” materials and avoiding materials of concern that could result in hazardous waste.
- Manufacturing: We work to reduce waste at every opportunity, including taking water conservation measures and seeking Zero Waste to Landfill and LEED certifications for our own factories.
- Distribution: We source heavy materials locally whenever possible and incentivize our employees to reduce their CO2 footprints.
- Product Use: SunPower solar panels have a uniquely short Energy Payback Time. Plus, SunPower employs an unmatched Light on Land™ multi-purpose land-use policy that enhances the use of natural resources and minimizes impact on surroundings.
- Recycling: We take responsibility for our products throughout their lifecycle and are committed to providing appropriate reuse and recycling options for our products.
- Communities: We also work to empower communities through education and by providing energy to those in need.