Terrawater GmbH develops and manufactures water technologies for the production of process and drinking water from brackish, sea and waste water. The focus is on systems operated using either solar energy or waste heat from technical processes. An additional strength of the company is the treatment of highly saline water, the concentration of waste water and zero liquid discharge for industry.
Clean water is the basic necessity for the existence and health of mankind.
Our responsibility for the next generations!
- The increasing water scarcity in many countries makes us aware of how fundamentally important this necessity is for establishing a good life on our planet.
- While 70% of the earth is covered with water, only 2.6% is actually suitable for human consumption, and more than two thirds of this water is bound inaccessibly inside the earth or as ice at the polar caps.
- The remaining part of the water that is usable for us is intensely used, not only as 'pure' foodstuff but, moreover, in agriculture, in private households, and in industry.
- Thereby the water quality deteriorates so that in the future the conservation of cleanliness, the cleaning and – in the face of the water scarcity in many countries – water production will become a more and more important task.
- Terrawater produces water, process water, drinking water and, along the way, concentrates waste water
'When the well's dry, we know the worth of water.' Benjamin Franklin
Nature shows us how things are done. When it is hot, water evaporates - and what is left are substances like salts, toxins, and the like. Condensed again, it is purest water. The retreatment of this unique and valuable commodity is the task of this century.
This is Terrawater's topic!
The ongoing further development of our innovative and highly efficient technology for the retreatment of most different waters (seawater, brackish water, waste water, etc.) into the freshest and purest water possible, that is our goal!
decentralized, economically and eco-friendly
The physics of nature shows us the way. Simply natural
The circle of life
Evaporation is the physical process where water changes from its liquid state to the gaseous state (water vapor) at temperatures below the boiling point.
While in nature the sun provides for the heating of the water, Terrawater utilizes various energy sources, such as:
renewable energy (solar thermal, geothermal)
Here, no additional fossil fuels are needed. The whole Terrawater process works without CO2 emissions.
Waste heat from existing industrial processes
Improvement in overall plant efficiency by use of the available free waste heat. This indirectly reduces the CO2 emissions.
An animation of the principle can be found HERE.
To achieve an even higher efficiency, Terrawater is constantly researching the further optimization of the system.
Terrawater use almost any raw water.pic_prinzip
- Not hotter than 70°C
- Particle size of less than 1 mm
- Salt water all salinity levels
- Brackish water
- Hot water wells
- Poisoned or contaminated water
- Process water and waste water
Terrawater provides complete systems
Terrawater belongs to the desalination systems which are based on a thermal process, which make up over 50% of all desalination systems in the world.
The Terrawater system works at low temperatures up to 95 °C. Because of the unique heat recovery technology it is possible to reach a GOR factor of > 6.
To achieve the most optimal customer value, Terrawater not only provides the water technology but will also design and supply on request the complete water supply, removal, heat supply and connection to an existing heat source. Such heat sources may be, for example:
- cogeneration unit
- biomass power plant
- heating & cooling systems
- burning & melting industry
- power generator for electricity
- food production
- cement & asphalt industry
- chemical industry
- garbage incineration
- and more . . .