The Institute of Noise Control Engineering of the USA (INCE/USA)
INCE-USA is a non-profit professional organization whose primary purpose is to promote, through its members, noise control solutions to environmental, product, machinery, industrial and other noise problems. INCE-USA is a Member Society of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering, an international consortium of organizations with interests in acoustics and noise control.
The Institute of Noise Control Engineering of the USA enables a quieter world through education, awareness, advocacy, and technical advancement.
The Institute, through its Members and Associates, discovers, disseminates, and promotes noise control solutions to environmental, product, machinery, industrial and other noise issues.
Many INCE-USA Members offer consulting services in noise control. Practitioners of Noise Control Engineering who are Board Certified have been recognized by INCE-USA as having attained the highest professional status.
INCE-USA is a Member Society of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE), an international consortium of organizations with interests in acoustics and noise control.
Learn more about INCE-USA's founding and early history.
INCE-USA publishes technical and general-interest information about Noise Control Engineering.
- Noise Control Engineering Journal (NCEJ) is INCE-USA's peer-reviewed technical journal. Published bi-monthly, NCEJ features articles on all aspects of Noise Control Engineering. It is available to Members and Associates of INCE-USA as part of their annual dues, to non-members and the public via purchase of individual articles (online), and to libraries through subscription.
- Noise/News International (NNI) is an informational news magazine, published quarterly by INCE-USA and I-INCE. NNI includes news on noise control activities and practitioners around the world, along with general-interest articles on noise issues and policies. NNI is available to the public.
- INCE-USA supports and provides access to Technical Reports on Noise Control Engineering, as well as related information on noise control solutions. The Technical Reports are available to the public.
INCE-USA Sponsored Technical Conferences
INCE-USA sponsors the NOISECON series of national conferences on noise control engineering, as well as the Internoise Congress when it is held in North America (each third year).
Conferences feature practical papers on solving noise control problems, noise policies and regulations, and other topics related to noise control. Proceedings for each conference are available through the INCE Digital Library.
Any person interested in or working in noise control may apply for membership in INCE-USA. Annual dues are reduced for the first year when new Members and Associates join.
- New domestic & foreign members: USD$50 (first year only)
- Domestic & Foreign members: USD$125 (annual dues)
- Student members: Free