The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors
The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors was created in 1919 to promote greater safety to life and property through uniformity in the construction, installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection of pressure equipment. The National Board membership oversees adherence to laws, rules, and regulations relating to boilers and pressure vessels. The National Board Members are the chief boiler inspectors representing most states and all provinces of North America, as well as many major cities in the United States.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors
- Business Type:
- Training provider
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors was created in 1919 to promote greater safety to life and property through uniformity in the construction, installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection of pressure equipment.
The National Board membership oversees adherence to laws, rules, and regulations relating to boilers and pressure vessels. The National Board Members are the chief boiler inspectors representing most states and all provinces of North America, as well as many major cities in the United States.
The National Board's functions include:
- Promoting safety and educating the public and government officials on the need for manufacturing, maintenance, and repair standards.
- Offering comprehensive training programs in the form of continuing education for both inspectors and pressure equipment professionals.
- Enabling a qualified inspection process by commissioning inspectors through a comprehensive examination administered by the National Board.
- Setting worldwide industry standards for pressure relief devices and other appurtenances through operation of an international pressure relief testing laboratory.
- Providing a repository of Manufacturers’ Data Reports through a registration process.
- Accrediting qualified repair and alteration companies, inservice Authorized Inspection Agencies, and owner-user inspection organizations.
- Investigating pressure equipment accidents and issues involving code compliance.
- Developing installation, inspection, repair, and alteration standards (National Board Inspection Code).
Resources Available from the National Board
- Statistical reports of violation findings within participating National Board jurisdictions.
- Synopsized jurisdiction boiler and pressure vessel laws of North America.
- Access to pressure equipment expertise from knowledgeable industry professionals.
- An extensive collection of publications and technical articles available on the
- National Board Web site.
- Pressure equipment safety videos.
- State-of-the-art training facilities and online seminars.
- Annual General Meeting of pressure equipment professionals.
National Board Inspection Code
This American National Standard has been adopted by most states and cities, all Canadian provinces, and federal regulatory agencies including the US Department of Transportation. It is the only standard recognized worldwide for inservice inspection repairs and alterations of boilers and pressure vessels.
The National Board’s mission is to reduce the risk of life and property by promoting safety in the construction, installation, inspection, operation, over-pressure protection and repair and alteration of boilers, pressure vessels and other pressure retaining devices.
The National Board is driven by the vision of global uniform safety of boilers and pressure vessels so that every man, woman and child may never again experience the devastation of pressure equipment failure.
- Integrity: We will operate in an ethical, honest and straightforward way. We will communicate openly and transparently. We will deal with each other, our clients, suppliers and the community with the highest ethical standards.
- Quality: We are committed to quality in all our endeavors. We strive for reliability and technical superiority by constantly improving the skills of our people, our technology, our systems and our processes to ensure higher quality. Consistent quality services results in satisfaction which enhances our reputation.
- Customers: We are sensitive and responsive to the needs of our customers, both internal and external. We are committed to providing outstanding service. We measure our success by their loyalty and satisfaction.
- Teamwork: We will treat each other with honesty and respect. Teamwork and cooperation are the ways we get the job done. We encourage individual creativity and innovation. We are committed to personal growth and accountability. Recognizing we are one organization, individuals must be committed to team success.