The Nature Conservancy works in all 50 states and in over 35 countries around the world to preserve the animals, plants and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth—by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive.We work with local governments, communities, and partner organizations in sharing our science-based and collaborative methods to ensure each region’s needs—for people and for nature—are best met.
- Business Type:
- Non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
We address the most pressing conservation threats at the largest scale. Thanks to the support of our more than 1 million members, we’ve built a tremendous record of success since our founding in 1951:
We've protected more than 119 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.We work in all 50 states and more than 35 countries — protecting habitats from grasslands to coral reefs, from Australia to Alaska to Zambia. See where we work.We address threats to conservation involving climate change, fresh water, oceans, and conservation lands. Learn how we're responding.
Why We're Successful
It's who we are and how we work that has made the Conservancy so successful — and makes us optimistic that we can expand that great conservation work to meet the challenges ahead:
Everything we do is rooted in good science — aided by our hundreds of staff scientists. Dive deeper into our science.
- We pursue non-confrontational, pragmatic solutions to conservation challenges. Learn why we're so effective.
- We partner with indigenous communities, businesses, governments, multilateral institutions, and other non-profits. Learn more about our partnerships.
- We have the support of more than 1 million members who enable us to continue working on a scale that matters and implement solutions that endure. Find out how you can support our work.
We want you and every member of the public to know as much as possible about how The Nature Conservancy operates and how carefully and effectively we use your donations.
As a leading global charity, we hold ourselves accountable to our members, the public and all creatures that have a stake in the preservation of the world's natural resources. And we seek to make use of every dollar donated to the Conservancy with careful attention to effectiveness and efficiency.
Our strong performance is reflected in the fact that The Nature Conservancy is highly rated by charity watchdog organizations:
- The Nature Conservancy's strong performance is recognized by Charity Navigator as exceeding industry standards.
- The Nature Conservancy meets all of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability.
- The Nature Conservancy rates as one of the most trusted organization in a recent poll by Harris Interactive®.
- The American Institute of Philanthropy has awarded The Nature Conservancy an 'A-' rating.
- Forbes magazine rated The Nature Conservancy's fundraising efficiency at 86% in its annual survey of the largest U.S. charities.
- The Land Trust Accreditation Commission recognizes the Conservancy for meeting national quality standards for protecting important natural places and working lands forever.
Efficient and Effective
The Nature Conservancy is one of the most effective and efficient environmental organizations in the world.Building on nearly six decades of experience, we've protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 river miles — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally.
We are able to accomplish so much because we make careful use of our resources, with 80% of our funding going directly toward our science-driven program work. Charity Navigator and the Better Business Bureau applaud program efficiencies above 66%, meaning you can be confident that any investment in The Nature Conservancy will be put to good use.