Tidewater, Inc. (Tidewater), founded in 1983, is a small disadvantaged business headquartered in Elkridge, Maryland. Tidewater has the resources and experience to provide quality, cost-effective, timely, and practical solutions for program management, environmental engineering, environmental site characterization, remedial design, and construction, industrial hygiene, safety and health management, asbestos/lead/mold abatement, radiological services, military munitions response programs, construction management, and facilities management service worldwide. In the past 15 years, we have grown from a three-person firm to our current staff of over 120 employees located in Elkridge, Maryland, and in satellite offices in Vienna, Virginia; San Antonio, Texas; Powell, Ohio; Farmington Hills, Michigan; Carlsbad & Sacramento California; Tampa, Florida; & Birmingham, Alabama.
Our project managers have the ability to draw upon the resources of any service group to provide solutions customized to meet the unique needs of each client and project. Tidewater’s professional staff is comprised of project managers; environmental and civil engineers; environmental scientists and chemists; certified industrial hygienists; geologists; certified safety professionals; certified health professionals and trainers; AHERA-certified asbestos building inspectors; lead inspectors and lead risk assessors; drillers; remediation field staff; certified emergency managers; certified business continuity professionals; certified in homeland security professionals; and facilities managers. Our staff span all levels of project tasks and skill levels from program managers to superintendents to craft laborers and technicians. Most of our staff have multi-disciplinary training and experience in the public and private sectors, including consulting, contracting, and military backgrounds.
Our professional and craft/trade personnel have worked in all 50 states, in 20 plus countries on six continents, including locations in Africa, South America, Europe, Asia the Pacific Rim and the Middle East.
- Key NAICS Code 562910 (Remediation Services – Asbestos Abatement Services and 561210 Facilities Support Services –Base facilities operation support services).
- Supplier under GSA Supply Schedule 899, Environmental Advisory Services, Contract GS-10F-0260R and Industrial Hygiene Services Schedule
- Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT)-certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) for Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction Services (NAICS Code 237990); Process, Physical Distribution, and Logistics Consulting Services (NAICS Code 541614); and Facilities Support Services (NAICS Code 561210).
- Baltimore City-certified Minority Business Enterprise for Engineering Services, Environmental Consulting Services, and Environmental Remediation and Construction (MBE Certification No. 08-005194).
- Commonwealth of Virginia Small, Woman and Minority (SWaM) Firm No. 652100.
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) – certified Small, Woman-owned, and/or Minority (SWaM) contractor for Engineering Services (NAICS #541330), Facility Support Service (NAICS #561210), Remediation Services (NAICS #562910) & Environmental Consulting Services (NAICS #541620) for VDOT #T972
- Bonding Capacity of $80 million in aggregate and $15 million for individual projects
Tidewater is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees and at all of our project locations. We take our clients’ concerns for liability seriously, and we go above and beyond what is required to ensure safety during performance on all contracts.
Tidewater has a comprehensive Health and Safety Program to protect employees, comply with all pertinent governmental regulations, and satisfy our clients’ health and safety requirements. Our comprehensive Health and Safety Program features the following:
- Written Health and Safety Program
- Employee Training Program
- Hazardous Waste Operations Training
- Medical Monitoring Program
- Project Level Health and Safety Planning
- Subcontractor Health and Safety Assurance
- Internal Inspections and Audits
- Accident Investigation and Review Process
- Substance Abuse Policy
Workers’ Compensation Losses
Tidewater Workers’ Compensation statistics demonstrate the success of our Health and Safety Program in controlling the incidence of workplace injuries and illnesses. Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is below 1.0.
Why Work for Us
Like the services we provide, our career opportunities are numerous and encompass several different disciplines, especially expertise in environmental, engineering and facilities management. Every day we provide diverse services and opportunities that better the lives of people throughout the United States and around the world.
As a Tidewater employee, you will be called upon to identify and assess environmental and engineering challenges and to provide solutions that protect human health and the global environment. All of this takes place in a dynamic workplace environment that encourages individual learning and growth. So become a part of it all by contacting us today!
We look forward to working with you and welcoming you as a part of the Tidewater family.
Our Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive health insurance: medical, dental, and vision
- 401K savings plan with employer-contributed match.
- Vacation and sick leave.
- Company-paid life insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance.