Umicore Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM) is a worldwide leader in the recycling, refining, transformation and marketing of cobalt and nickel specialty chemicals. We are present at every step in the value chain, from sourcing to distribution. Our broad expertise covers a multitude of applications in both chemical and powder metallurgy. Our production units and sales offices are present on all continents.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Material Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
- more than 1,000,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Umicore Cobalt & Specialty Materials produces a variety of cobalt- and nickel-based chemicals for a wide range of applications including, but not limited to:
- rubber tires
- pigments for ceramics
- catalysts for paint drying
- nickel chemicals for surface treatments
Furthermore, we supply one of the key active materials in the growing market for rechargeable batteries.
We offer a wide range of cobalt and pre-alloyed powders for the production of diamond tools and hard metal applications. Our products are used for stone cutting and construction, metal cutting tools and machine parts that are subject to wear and tear.
Our offer also includes a range of recycling services such as cobalt recovery in the petrochemical and hard metals industries and rhenium recovery from superalloys. Most importantly, we guarantee a sustainable supply by continuously reinforcing the entire value chain in order to close the materials loop.
Making a difference to our customers
- We empower our people to operate with a sense of ownership and entrepreneurship
- Our processes use traditional and emerging technologies
- We provide our customers with products that match their needs
- We service and supply the most extensive product list of organic and inorganic Cobalt and Nickel specialties
- Our plants and experienced sales operations are present on all major continents