Unison Solutions, Inc., founded in 2000, is an industry leader in biogas conditioning, biogas upgrading, BioCNG vehicle fuel systems and distributed generation. Unison systems have been installed around the world at landfills, wastewater treatment facilities (WWTF), dairies and food processing digester plants. Unison has manufactured gas conditioning and compression packages in sizes that range from 20 scfm up to 8,000 scfm. Our expertise in purifying biogas includes hydrogen sulfide removal, siloxane removal, CO2 removal, compression and gas quality monitoring. To date, Unison has provided over 250 gas conditioning and compression systems to the biogas marketplace.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Bioenergy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Unison Solutions is uniquely positioned to provide all facets of a renewable energy project from the equipment fabrication through startup and ongoing maintenance support. Our facility is located in Dubuque, IA with 38 full time employees dedicated to providing you the highest quality products.
Unison has 38 employees including engineers, CAD drafters, PLC programmers, welders, fabricators, electricians and service technicians. Unison Solutions is an ASME certified manufacturing shop specializing in stainless steel tank fabrication and our in‐house, UL 508A panel shop gives us the credibility to design and build custom control panels that meet the specifications of each individual biogas system installation. Unison Solutions is uniquely positioned to provide all facets of a renewable energy project from equipment fabrication to startup and ongoing maintenance support in-house.
Sales and Marketing
The sales and marketing personnel at Unison Solutions are experts in biogas applications. We understand the science of biogas and have over 25 years of combined experience in successful biogas installations. Contact us at the beginning of your project to insure optimum results from your landfill or digester biogas conditioning system.
Engineering and Design
Our engineers are highly trained and experienced in technical applications. We understand the science of gas behavior and its thermal properties; we have proven success in areas that have challenged others. We also offer the following services:
- Biogas Treatment System Evaluation
- Design and Fabrication of Custom Technologies
- Technical Field Engineering and Support
- Start up, Commissioning, and Training
Our Computer Aided Design (CAD) designers use the latest 3D software technology to design and layout our systems prior to fabrication. They work closely with the Project Engineers to finalize manufacturing prints that will be provided to our in-house fabrication department. The CAD designers also use the latest gas flow modeling and 3D software technology to design and layout our systems prior to fabrication. They work closely with the Project Engineers to finalize manufacturing prints that will be provided to our in-house fabrication department.
Automation and Controls
Unison Solutions, Inc. controls and automation team works jointly with engineering and fabrication to produce the highest quality, safest biogas conditioning equipment on the market. Our in-house, UL certified panel shop gives us the flexibility to design and build custom control panels that meet the specifications of each individual biogas system installation. Innovative thinking makes our control equipment the most reliable and easiest to use.
Our experienced staff of programmers has developed an extensive library of PLC code utilizing Allen-Bradley , Modicon, and GE Ladder Logic. Combined with our comprehensive experience in the biogas industry, it is easy to see why our systems are the safest on the market.
In-house Control Panel Fabrication
- Industrial Controls (UL-508A)
- Hazardous or Classified Locations, Class I, Division 1 or 2 (UL-698A & UL-1203)
Fabrication and Assembly
Unison Solutions has experienced fabricators on site, including licensed electricians and welders qualified in TIG and MIG processes per ASME Section VIII. Additional standard services include the following:
- Precision fabrication to job specifications
- Experience working with stainless steel
- Rigid conduit and wire are utilized to meet NEC
- Welding benches for precise alignment of components
- Pressure testing of all piping and vessels
- Chemical passivation of all piping and particulate filters
- Tank rotators for precise turning and positioning of tanks
Each system undergoes a full test run at our manufacturing facility prior to shipment. All mechanical and electrical system components are rigorously checked for quality and performance, and all vessels are pressure tested.
- Test records are provided with O&M Manuals
- Customers are welcome to visit our facility to witness testing
Startup and Commissioning
Start up, commissioning and training are offered with every system we manufacture, depending on our customer’s requirements.
Typical start up of a system includes the following:
- Review of all electrical and mechanical connections
- Review PLC programming and verification of functions and SCADA integration
- Media installation and gas testing
- Confirm and document system performance
- Review of detailed O & M manual and recommended site maintenance with appropriate personnel
- Training of site personnel on operation