United Kingdom Society for Trenchless Technology (UKSTT)
The UKSTT (United Kingdom Society for Trenchless Technology) is a registered charity involved in the development and promotion of Trenchless techniques, sometimes termed No-Dig techniques. This site should be of interest to all people involved in the installation of new and renewal or replacement of, pipes, sewers or cables. It should also be of special interest to government bodies, environmentalists, or anyone with concern over street works or traffic congestion. Trenchless Technology is increasingly accepted worldwide as being more efficient, less disruptive, environmentally friendly and more cost effective than traditional methods. Information on the Techniques can be viewed in the technologies section of this site, with suppliers and contractors details shown within the membership directory. For those new to Trenchless activities a glossary is also available to give greater understanding.
UKSTT was formed in 1993 and incorporated the existing UK based members of ISTT.
The International Society, ISTT, was formed in 1986 but since that time has promoted the formation of National Societies in many different countries. The formation of these National Societies helped to give the local members a sense of identity and autonomy to pursue their own ideas.
UKSTT is structured as a company limited by guarantee where its elected Council members act as directors and guarantors.
UKSTT set out its aims and objectives in much the same way as the International Society but with more emphasis on the exchange and networking of information and ideas throughout the UK utility industry.
UKSTT operates as a company and a Society where Council members are elected on a yearly basis Financial accounts are kept and presented to the membership at an AGM each year.
The Council meets six to eight times per year to discuss the issues raised through the secretariat and the various council members.
In detail this site offers the chance for the UKSTT membership to update on the societies activities, but also, more importantly, gives those involved in Utility works, construction, etc. a window to view and learn about the techniques, equipment and materials involved in Trenchless activities and, if required, source specialist consultants, suppliers and contractors to carry out such works.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To advance the science and practice of the Trenchless Technology for the public benefit.
- To promote education, training, study and research in the science and practice.
- To encourage the use of trenchless system for the installation and repair of underground pipelines, utilities and services.
- To promote the location and mapping of underground services.
- To encourage the development of new trenchless techniques.
- To assist members to maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills and capabilities in the field of Trenchless Technology.
All Members (Corporate & Individual)
- Latest Information on New Technologies and Developments.
- Access to a network of contacts including Clients, Consultants, Contractors, Suppliers and Academic Institutions.
- Regular Regional, National and International Technical Meetings.
- Free Subscription to No-Dig International Magazine.
- Opportunity to attend regular joint meetings with other relevant organisations such as the Institution of Civil Engineers and the Pipeline Industries Guild.
- Regular Newsletter.
- Opportunity to attend the UKSTT Annual Awards Dinner.
- Being part of ISTT with its worldwide contacts through 24 other Affiliated Societies.
- Membership Certificate.
Additional Benefits of Corporate Membership
- Free Business Opportunities as a result of redirected enquiries to UKSTT Secretariat.
- Free Company details on, and links from, the UKSTT Web site.
- Opportunity to Sponsor Major Events i.e. Awards Dinner, Newsletter.
- Opportunity to present Papers at UKSTT conferences and UKSTT Sponsored events.
- Opportunity to present papers at No-Dig Live - the world's largest Live No-Dig event.
- Opportunity to present papers at UKSTT Technical Evenings.
- Opportunity to take part in Technical Showcase Workshops.
- Opportunity to become involved in the development of Trenchless Technologies in the Construction industry.
- Involvement in the promotion of Trenchless Technology with the UK government.
- Participate in Trenchless Technology Training Initiatives and Research.
- Opportunity to take part in International Exhibitions using Grant aid sponsored by SESA.
- Use of UKSTT Logo on company stationary and publicity material.
- Reduced Exhibition Cost at sponsored Exhibitions i.e. IWEX, No-Dig Live.
- Opportunity to display company literature at International No Dig Exhibitions at a nominal cost.
- Free editorials in UKSTT Newsletter
- Reduced costs at Conferences, Exhibitions and Training Seminars relating to Trenchless Technology.
- Recognition by Clients of your company's involvement in technological advance.
- The opportunity to be involved in an important growth area of business.
- Opportunity to bring guests to the UKSTT Annual Awards Dinner.
- Access to various National and International Award schemes.
- Free entry on the UKSTT members' activity database.