The group ACS, Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, is a worldwide reference in infrastructures, industrial services, energy and environment.The ACS Group, through its environmental company URBASER, is leader in waste management and treatment. It specialises in Street Cleaning, waste removal and transporting, urban waste treatment and recycling and comprehensive management of the water cycle and urban landscape and gardening.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Waste Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Over 1000
- more than 1,000,000,000 €
The group ACS, Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, is a worldwide reference in infrastructures, industrial services, energy and environment.
The ACS Group, through its environmental company URBASER, is leader in waste management and treatment. It specialises in Street Cleaning, waste removal and transporting, urban waste treatment and recycling and comprehensive management of the water cycle and urban landscape and gardening.
URBASER is the leader in removal and treatment of used mineral oils and treatment and removal of industrial waste.
URBASER covers the entire value chain when providing these services, from designing and conception, carrying out the project, construction, financing and operating a highly-qualified professional team.
URBASER also operates in the field of renewable energies with a view to limiting the negative impact of greenhouse gases, for the purpose of which it is developing treatment processes for alternative sources of energy, biomass from biomass crops, waste woodland mass, biodegradable agricultural and industrial waste.
URBASER has a strategy that aims to achieve the following objectives.
• To consolidate its share of the current market, especially with public clients, and to promote its growth, in order to conserve its leadership in these areas.
• To enhance its own internal operational efficiency and that of its clients, through the use of state-of-the-art technologies, to continue to commit itself to the training, specialisation and promotion of the company’s workers.
• To expand its spheres of activity on the basis of the experience it has acquired, to ensure that URBASER can pioneer new processes and services, in new markets and to open up its services to new clients.
URBASER contributes with the commitment to:
• To live up to the expectations of clients in both the private and public sectors, successfully catering for their external contracting policies for those tasks that do not form part of their core activities.
• To adapt to the way the projects develop providing its services in a more efficient way and ensuring that the end results are more profitable for both the clients and the ACS Group.
• To work incessantly in the fields of research, development and innovation (R&D&i) to ensure that the environmental services and processes are sustainable.
URBASER has a clear cutting edge and advantages over the competition when it comes to approaching these challenges and achieving these aims, based upon:
• Technological Innovation in waste management and treatment and water management and treatment, with its commitment to carrying out all the activities in the optimum environmental quality conditions, which enables the Group to compete successfully in any country in the world with excellent results.
• A sound financial base that enables it to make long-term investments in projects both under licence and for third parties.
• Experience that has been built up over more than 20 years, in such activities as waste removal, gardening and landscaping, cleaning and treating urban waste, industrial waste and the entire water cycle.
Urbaser achieved a business turnover of 1.498 million Euros in 2010 with a highly-qualified staff of more than 30.000 people and over 160 subsidiary companies forming the group. It provides services to more than 50 million people and is active in 4 continents. The main magnitudes are as follows:
• 232 MW installed in renewable sources of energy, with a production of 479 gwh in 2010
• Reducing CO2 production by more than 2.4 t/year
• Treating and removing 4.6 million t/year of inert waste
• Collecting and treating 150,000 t/year of industrial waste
• Treating and regenerating 67,000 t/year of mineral oils
• Annual removal of more than 5 million tonnes of solid urban waste
• Annual cleaning of more than 8 million kilometres of streets
• Annual maintenance of more than 60 million m² of green zones