Water Quality & Treatment Solutions, Inc. (WQTS) is a specialty environmental engineering and science consulting company located in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 2000 by Dr. Issam Najm, its mission is to provide water utilities with innovative and cost effective solutions to water quality and treatment challenges.
WQTS continues to offer the following services to its clients:
- General water quality and treatment consulting,
- Bench-, pilot-, and full-scale testing of water treatment technologies,
- Desktop evaluation of water quality and treatment issues,
- Evaluation of water treatment plant performance,
- Regulatory compliance planning & review,
- Preparation of Operations Plans for water treatment plants,
- Assistance in the development of design RFPs, review of design proposals, and evaluation of engineering designs,
- Development of operator training manuals, and
- Training classes to utility operations and water quality staff on water chemistry and water treatment.
WQTS's list of clients includes public water agencies, such as the Metropolitan Water District of Salt Lake & Sandy (UT), the Alameda County Water District (CA), the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (CA), the Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District (CA), and the City of Pasadena (CA); engineering firms such as MWH, CH2M Hill, Carollo Engineers, Bowen Collins & Associates, and RMC Water & Environment; as well as private companies such as the Coca-Cola Company, the Pepsi-Cola Company, and NORIT Americas, Inc.