Water Reuse Europe (WRE)
Water Reuse Europe (WRE) is an industry-focused not-for-profit association registered as a company limited by guarantee in the United Kingdom. WRE aims to create a collective identity for the water reuse sector across Europe. As such its mission is to share good practices, knowledge, techniques, research, and experiences on water reuse to promote the safe and effective use of recycled water in Europe.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Nonprofit organization (NPO)
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
For this purpose, the specific objectives of WRE are:
- To facilitate knowledge exchange amongst public and private entities involved in water reuse
- To promote European expertise and services in water reuse to a global audience
- To support European companies (particularly SMEs) in their efforts to commercialise water reuse solutions
- To raise public awareness and understanding of water reuse practices
- To promote research and innovation on water reuse
Our activities are primarily financed through membership fees received from companies, public bodies, universities, research centres, and trade and professional associations involved or with an interest in the water reuse sector.
The affairs of WRE are directed and coordinated by a board of six directors, assisted by a secretariat.