Water UK is a membership organisation which represents all major statutory water and wastewater service providers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our vision is of a trusted water sector, providing customers and communities with world-class services and enhancing the UK`s quality of life. Our purpose is to promote the conditions needed to achieve our vision through leadership in bringing people together, informing debate and generating ideas.
3rd Floor, 36 Broadway, Westminster , London , SW1H 0BH United Kingdom
View in map
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
Our priorities are to help water and wastewater companies work with others to:
- Increase levels of customer and stakeholder trust in the sector
- Address short and long term pressures on UK water and wastewater networks posed by growing demand and climate change
- Inform the operation and development of markets, and their regulation, in the long-term interests of customers
- Make the case for smart design and enforcement of legislation/regulation governing water quality and wastewater in delivering public health and environmental improvements
- On behalf of our members, we engage with Defra, other government departments, regulatory bodies (such as Ofwat, the Environment Agency, the Drinking Water Inspectorate) and consumer bodies - and their equivalents in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- We also work with a wide range of partners, industry bodies, NGOs and stakeholders in support of our vision of a trusted water sector.