Water Soft, Inc. provides water treatment systems. It offers softeners, such as cabinets, two tanks, twin demand control valve systems, and nitrate and tannin systems; filters; and cartridge housing and filters, such as basic housings, permanent sediment filters, replacement filters/cartridges, and activated carbon filters. The company also provides centurion iron/sulfur treatment systems; Provectr, an aeration technology that mixes air with water to convert iron, manganese, and hydrogen sulfide gas to filterable particles; and ultra violet and TFC reverse osmosis systems. It serves small community and multi-unit residential and business complexes, hospitals, clinics, extended care/assisted.
- Water Soft Inc. was founded by brothers Jim and Bill Chandler of Ashland, Ohio.
- Water Soft Inc. was incorporated in the state of Ohio in 1980.
- On February 29, 1980, Water Soft purchased the entire water treatment division of the F.E. Myers Pump Company.
- Included in the purchase was a license for Water Soft to use the 'Myers' name for a period of three years. If ever you see a product or literature in the field with both names present, it was manufactured prior to 1983.
- Jim & Bill reinvested a large portion of the company's income to research and development. The result was the creation of several patented/proprietary products including the WATER SPRITE Water Filter and the PROVECTR Water Treatment System. These are all innovative in that they solve tough water problems without the use of costly chemicals. Another special product was the SOFT'N FILTER system that combines the filtration and softening process into one complete unit.
- On March 2, 1988, Water Soft was purchased by Amtrol Inc. Over 30 years prior to the purchase of Water Soft, Amtrol introduced the first pre-pressurized diaphragm expansion tank to the water systems industry. At that time Amtrol was the leading manufacturer of water systems tanks in the world and was looking to enter into water treatment.
- Eventually both Jim and Bill Chandler moved on to pursue other opportunities and Amtrol moved Water Soft out of the Ashland facility.
- Almost 20 years later, in June of 2008, Bill Chandler acquired the Water Soft division back from Amtrol and moved production back to Ashland.
- The current Water Soft staff has over 150 years of combined water treatment experience and they are dedicated to bring back the enthusiasm and innovation that made them so successful in the 1980’s.