Weidmüller Interface GmbH & Co. KG manufactures products, and provides solutions and services for power, signal, and data industries. Today, electronics and electrical connectivity have become an essential part of our day-to-day lives. Our products and solutions develop very rapidly, the globalised market creates new demands and it is faster and more complex. This Industrial Connectivity market lives through making connections. Our products and solutions connect Power, Signals and Data in the industrial environment. But it is not just a question of high-tech components. Through our partnerships with scientific and research institutions, we are already finding tomorrow`s solutions today. Through our close team connections, we develop innovative solutions adding value with our integrated concepts. Through our roots that are established in the four corners of the globe, we know your markets. Connections are the common, immutable thread that run through the whole of the Weidmüller World.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Power Distribution
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
As experienced experts we support our customers and partners around the world with products, solutions and services in the industrial environment of power, signal and data. We are at home in their industries and markets and know the technological challenges of tomorrow.
We are therefore continuously developing innovative, sustainable and useful solutions for their individual needs. Together we set standards in Industrial Connectivity.
The Weidmüller Group owns manufacturing plants, sales companies and representatives in more than 80 countries.
In its fiscal year 2016 Weidmüller reached sales of 680 million Euros with 4,500 employees.
Weidmüller: Our name stands for Service, Competence and Reliability. And that has been the case since 1850. Over 160 years ago, our focus was already on connections, albeit rather different connections: As a textile company we made press studs. Today, we support customers around the world with our products and solutions in the area of Industrial Connectivity. Our international expansion started back in 1959 when we opened a group company in England. Today, we are represented in over 80 countries globally.
Our company's most important milestones at a glance:
- 1850: Foundation as a textile production company in Chemnitz
- 1943: Specialisation in the manufacture of Staffel terminal blocks
- 1948: Reestablishment in Detmold
- 1952: First participation in the Hanover Trade Fair
- 1959: First international group company in England
- 1978: Introduction of mechanised assembly in manufacturing
- 1987: Launch of the corporate mission with the values Customer - Innovation - Quality - Employees
- 2003: Foundation of the company's own Academy for the promotion of knowledge
- 2013: Best results in the company's history. With 4,600 employees, Weidmüller achieved a 640,3 million euro turnover
Take a look through our picture gallery to learn more about the development of the company from textile production to becoming the leading partner in Industrial Connectivity, and discover some exciting parts of our history.