As experienced experts we support our customers and partners around the world with products, solutions and services in the industrial environment of power, signal and data. We are at home in their industries and markets and know the technological challenges of tomorrow. We are therefore continuously developing innovative, sustainable and useful solutions for their individual needs. Together we set standards in Industrial Connectivity. The Weidmuller Group has a global focus with its own manufacturing plants, sales companies and representatives in over 80 countries. Weidmüller is the leading provider of solutions for electrical connectivity, transmission and conditioning of power, signals and data in industrial environments.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
Weidmüller: Our name stands for Service, Competence and Reliability. And that has been the case since 1850. Over 160 years ago, our focus was already on connections, albeit rather different connections: As a textile company we made press studs. Today, we support customers around the world with our products and solutions in the area of Industrial Connectivity. Our international expansion started back in 1959 when we opened a group company in England. Today, we are represented in over 80 countries globally.
Our company's most important milestones at a glance:
- 1850: Foundation as a textile production company in Chemnitz
- 1943: Specialisation in the manufacture of Staffel terminal blocks
- 1948: Reestablishment in Detmold
- 1952: First participation in the Hanover Trade Fair
- 1959: First international group company in England
- 1978: Introduction of mechanised assembly in manufacturing
- 1987: Launch of the corporate mission with the values Customer - Innovation - Quality - Employees
- 2003: Foundation of the company's own Academy for the promotion of knowledge
- 2015: Best results in the company's history. With 4,500 employees, Weidmüller achieved a 696,3 million euro turnover
Take a look through our picture gallery to learn more about the development of the company from textile production to becoming the leading partner in Industrial Connectivity, and discover some exciting parts of our history.
You expect commitment, progress and quality
We’re always keeping pace with the times
We develop precisely tailored products for customers and partners throughout the world by consistently implementing innovations. As a technology company, we make the most of our global opportunities for strong further development. To this end, we work together with institutes and partners on a global scale and guarantee the most stringent of requirements for our products.