Yorwaste delivers a wide variety of recycling and waste management services to local authorities, residents and businesses across North Yorkshire, City of York, Teesside, County Durham and East and West Yorkshire. Our services include recycling, composting, business waste, security shredding, kerbside collection, energy from waste, in-vessel composting, household waste recycling centre management, liquid waste treatment, waste transfer station management, materials recycling, electrical recycling, residential waste disposal and engineered landfill.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Regionally (various states or provinces)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Yorwaste specialises in creating environmentally sound waste management and recycling solutions for our customers across the UK. We see waste a resource that, wherever possible, needs to be recovered, recycled and re-used and to this end we invest continually in the latest state-of-the-art technologies to facilitate this recovery.
Key facts and figures:
- We handle over one million tonnes of waste each year
- We employ nearly 250 staff, the majority of which have worked for us for five years or more
- In 2010/11, we recycled 903,934 tonnes of material that came into our facilities
- We compost over 200,000 tonnes of green waste each year
- We process and recycle over 200,000 televisions and computer monitors each year
- In 2010/11, we produced 59,690 MWh of green electricity from the capture of landfill gas
- We now have over 10MW of electricity generating capacity at our landfill sites
- 67% of the total area of our landfill sites have been restored
- The recycling rates at our household waste recycling centres are over 65%
- In 2010/11, we provided grants of around £600,000 to fund community projects near our landfill sites.