2021 Wetland Status and Trends
This past year has been a challenge to keep up with all the wetland regulatory and technical procedural updates. We have seen a new Waters of US definition go into effect, new Nationwide Wetland Permits have been released in draft form, and we have a new National Wetland Plant list. In addition there have been over two dozen USACOE technical reports published in 2020 that have wetland related topics. There has also been new USACOE Navigable Water Protection Rule Guidance issued from Headquarters that is slowing making its way across the country.
- Event Type:
- Jan. 21, 2021
- 1-3 PM ET Online
Some of the discussion topics will include:
- The 2020 Navigable Water Protection Rule & Technical Guidance
- The new 2020 Nationwide Permits
- Antecedent Prescription Tools
- Ephemeral stream classification procedures
- The implications of the Colorado and California Waters of the US court decisions
- The new 401 Water Quality Certification rules and how they affect project reviews
- The 2018 National Wetland Plant list published in May 2020
- Various state aquatic resource jurisdictional actions and protection measures
- A brief review of nearly two dozen wetland technical documents
- And much more!
The webinar will include a live presentation with live chat. You will have access to online resource materials (technical manuals, regulations, court documents, etc.), slide handouts, and an office discussion board to post questions and answers before or after the live webinar.
This webinar will be recorded so you can access it at a later time if you can’t make the original class time or to revisit any of the topics discussed. Students will have access to the recorded webinar for 30 days after the broadcast.
Please note: This webinar is for individual use only. If you wish to watch this as a group or have multiple participants, please purchase separate tickets for each individual student. Every paid participant will receive a certificate of training that can be used for SWS-PWS certification or other continuing education.
Technical Note: This webinar IS NOT a Zoom meeting! We use a state of the art live broadcasting system that incudes live chat in lieu of a call in number or microphone. We also provide an on-demand test broadcast that you can use prior to the webinar to troubleshoot any connection issues.
To help sort through the morass of regulatory and technical information the Swamp School is pleased to announce that we will be offering our Annual Wetlands Status and Trends Webinar. This webinar is a must-attend event for all wetland professionals to stay current on the latest industry guidelines and best practices. In just 2-hours will cover the latest wetland technical guidance, regulations, legal challenges and more.
- Two Professional Development Hours
- 30-Day Rebroadcast Access
- Presentation Handouts
- Technical Manuals
- Certificate of Training