Summer Course on European Environmental Law
This five-day summer course will provide a thorough introduction to EU environmental law. Lectures coupled with case studies, workshop and quiz sessions will offer a comprehensive overview of EU environmental legislation and policy as well as of CJEU case law.
- Event Type:
- Workshops/Training Courses
- Jun. 29, 2020 - Jul. 3, 2020
- Trier , Germany
- Origins, principles and sources of EU environmental law
- EU environmental law-making, instruments and trends
- Implementation and enforcement of EU environmental law
- Public participatory rights
- Cross-cutting issues: environmental impact assessment, environmental liability and environmental crime, Industrial Emissions Directive
- Substantive legislation: nature and species protection, water protection, air pollution, waste management, climate change and energy
Visit to the European Court of Justice
Participants in the summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.
Lawyers in private practice, NGOs, regulatory authorities and public administration seeking an introductory overview to European environmental law.