Let`s do this. Head to New Orleans with 13,000 industry peers. Touch the latest products. Try new technologies. Learn from the resident experts in waste, recycling and organics. Make connections that will last a lifetime. Network like crazy. Do business. Increase department efficiencies. WasteExpo is the most successful event in the industry – and your best opportunity of the year for professional growth. With more than 600 exhibitors, a robust education program, and an environment that fosters business, it’s easy to see why exhibitors and attendees come back year after year!
- Event Type:
- May 8-11, 2017
- Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- New Orleans , LA , USA
It’s all waiting for you at WasteExpo 2017. Be a part of the industry’s leading event, 49 years strong!
Try New Technologies
More than 600 of the industry’s leading providers are waiting to solve any problem that’s keeping you up at night. Bring your questions and opportunities and, walk away with answers!
Learn From the Experts
We’ve once again partnered with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA) to deliver a 5-star rated conference program – which was standing room only in New Orleans last year! And this year, there’s even more to come! Our expert speakers will guide you through each topic, share valuable insights, and give you real-world advice that you can put to work immediately.
Touch the Latest Products
The waste, recycling and organic’s largest exhibit hall will be full of products and solutions for your organization’s toughest challenges. Nowhere else can you benefit your business or department so much in four short days!
WasteExpo is the one place to meet the largest group of waste, recycling and organics professionals. It’s your chance to catch up with current suppliers, talk with new partners, meet thought leaders and do the business that you came to do!
New! Food Recovery Forum
A must-attend Forum for all producers or processors of food waste! The Food Recovery Forum, which is part of the Composting & Organics Recycling Program, will focus on reducing food waste and lost in the U.S. and recovering inedible food residuals for beneficial reuse.
Attendees count on WasteExpo's exhibitors to provide them products and services in over 90 categories including:
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Business Services
- Collection & Transfer
- Compostable Plastics
- Composting Equipment
- Composting Systems & Technologies
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Construction & Demolition
- Fleet Safety
- Hazardous Waste Equipment & Services
- Hydraulic Components
- Landfill Equipment & Services
- Material Handling
- Medical & Infectious Waste
- Odor Control Equipment
- Organics Recycling
- Recycling Equipment & Companies
- Recycling Systems
- Refuse & Recycling Equipment
- Refuse Truck Bodies and Chassis
- Safety Equipment
- Transportation Management Logistics
- Truck Equipment
- Waste Services Companies
- Waste-to-Energy Products & Services
- Wastewater Treatment
- Wireless Communication
WasteExpo's Conference Program is Top-notch!
WasteExpo's conference program delivers unparalleled professional development opportunities.
The education and training that you'll receive is guaranteed to sharpen your skills to help you do your job better. Here are some of the session topics that you can expect at WasteExpo this June:
- Automated Collections
- Anaerobic Digestion
- Big Data Collection Trends
- Curbside Recycling & Public Education Programs
- Driver Recruitment/Retention
- Data Security – Are you at risk?
- Ebola Updates
- Equipment Leasing & Financing
- Fire Safety in Waste & Recycling
- Fleet Maintenance Best Practices
- Food Waste Reduction & Recovery
- Industry Trends in Waste & Recycling
- International Waste & Recycling Trends
- Managing Contamination
- MRF Safety
- New Safety Technologies
- Odor Control at Organics Recovery Facilitie
- Operating Landfills
- Organics Management
- Organics Recycling
- Organics Equipment & Technologies
- Roadside Inspections
- Zero Waste Strategies & Best Practices
WasteExpo has partnered with the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA) and Dr. Stuart Buckner, former Executive Director of the US Composting Council to ensure that the conference program is more robust and interactive than ever before.
Good question... here are just some of the reasons...
You'll be selling in person to the largest audience of solid waste, recycling, organics and sustainability buyers in the industry (That alone is pretty impressive, right? Read on for more reasons...)
- 85% of attendees are involved in the selection and buying of products and services for their companies or departments
- (Aren't these the decision makers you want to meet?)
- More than 80% of attendees researched new products/services at WasteExpo
- (These folks are serious shoppers...be sure you're there to guide them.)
- 60% of attendees don't attend any other tradeshow
- (See them here or you will miss them!)
- 96% of attendees would recommend WasteExpo to a colleague
- (Wow, right? Get in on this success yourself!)
- 97.1% of attendees found value in gathering new product and industry information at WasteExpo
- 2015 was a banner year for attendance--more than 13,000 participants flocked to Vegas (even more buyers will be on hand looking for your solutions!)
Throughout the year, we try our very best to put on a successful & educational filled show & in return, we receive excellent reviews from attendees and exhibitors. Take a look at what positive things they have to say about their experience!
As a WasteExpo exhibitor, you'll also be able to:
- Fill your sales pipeline with qualified leads that you won't find elsewhere
- Make some real sales and close business deals—during and even after the event
- Network with 13,000 peers, buyers and industry luminaries—making your time away from the office well spent
- Highlight new products and technologies and build brand awareness
- Stay updated on the latest trends and innovative ideas
- Interact with the media to help generate buzz about your products and services
- Meet with existing customers and clients, which surely will help retention rates
Connect with International Buyers: International Buyer Program
The International Buyer Program Directory is an excellent business opportunity to meet, network, and develop business partnerships with international buyers, sales representatives, and strategic partners.
By participating in the International Buyer Program, your company will receive a copy of any leads that result from the international attendee Matchmaking Program. To sign-up for this FREE directory, please click here to and fill out the form found on this page.
U.S. Exhibitors: Meet with Pre-Screened International Buyers and Global Industry Specialists
The International Buyer Program is offering several complimentary services to help U.S. exhibitors at WasteExpo enter or increase their presence in international markets! Don't miss this exclusive opportunity, brought to you by the U.S. Commercial Service in partnership with WasteExpo. Currently, the IBP is recruiting delegations of buyers to attend WasteExpo from the following markets:
Brazil, China, Ecuador, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Singapore, Uruguay, and more to come!
B2B Matchmaking Program
Let us help you, the U.S. supplier, connect with international buyers before, during, and after WasteExpo, with our business-to-business matchmaking program. By adding your company information to the Export Interest Director Form (below), we will send you a list of foreign buyers vetted by our U.S. embassies and U.S. consulates from around the world that are interested in having a conversation with you. Your company profile will be shared with pre-screened international buyers attending WasteExpo 2016. The idea is for them to pre-schedule and alert you that they are coming to WasteExpo and are looking to do business with you.
Benefits to Attending WasteExpo:
Who should Attend? Is it right for you?
Whether you are from the private sector, a small, medium or large public sector waste management company, or a manufacturer or supplier, from the US or abroad, WasteExpo brings the entire industry together!
96%* of WasteExpo Attendees would recommend the show to a colleague
*Source: WasteExpo Post-Show Attendee Survey
WasteExpo Attendees Job Functions:*
- 38% Corporate Management
- 20% Operations Management
- 12% Management & Financial Sales
- 7% Engineering & Maintenance
- 6% Consulting
- 14% Other
*Source: WasteExpo Post-Show Attendee Survey
What other professionals will attend WasteExpo?
- Waste Services Companies (including Private or Publicly Traded waste services companies, Landfill Owners/Operators, Independent Contractors)
- Government Officials (including Municipalities, County Agencies, Regional Authorities, Special Districts, State and Federal Governments, and Public Landfill Sites)
- Composters and Compost Professionals (including Private and Public sector Facility Managers and Owners, Marketers, Regulators, Consultants)
- Organics Recycling Professionals (including corporate sustainability mangers, consultants, Green Waste Haulers, and Public Sector Organics Professionals)
- Anaerobic Digestion Professionals (including System and Technology providers, Equipment providers, Facility Managers, Consultants, Government Officials, and Zero Waste advocates)
- Waste Generators (Businesses and Organizations that Create Waste in Manufacturing, Retailing and/or Providing Services)
- Recycling Firms (including Secondary Materials Processors, Contractors and Recyclers)
- Consulting Engineering Firms (including Consultants, Architects, Research and/or Development Organizations)
- Trucking Professionals – including Fleet Owners, Operators and Maintenance Professionals
- General Contractors
- Healthcare Waste Professionals – including Healthcare Waste Generators, Transporters and Service Providers; Manufacturers, Distributors and Users of Healthcare Waste Products; and Federal, State and Local RegulatorsLandfill Professionals
- Landfill Professionals – including Private and Public Sector Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill Owners/Operators/Engineers and MSW Equipment Suppliers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Distributors and Dealers
- Legal, Insurance, Financial Firms
- Associations and Publications
We are in the age of cut budgets and reduced travel. But there are distinct advantages to attending an out-of-town event or tradeshow. So if you need help convincing your supervisors that you should attend WasteExpo, here are some tips and facts to help you make your case to be a part of largest event in North America serving the solid waste and recycling industry.
Research shows that face-to-face meetings are an important part of our culture.
- 95% see face-to-face meetings as the key to success for long-term relationships.
- 89% considered meetings essential for 'sealing the deal.'
- 82% say meetings are most effective for negotiating important contracts.
Source: Harvard Business Review
- 85% of respondents said face-to-face meetings build strong business relationships.
- 77% cited the ability to read body language and facial expressions as important to business relationships.
- 75% valued the social interaction and ability to bond with clients and colleagues at in-person meetings.
Source: Forbes Insights
- Executives and business travelers estimate that 28% of current business would be lost without in-person meetings.
- Nearly 40% of prospective customers become new customers with an in-person meeting, (versus 16% without such a meeting).
- Businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits for every dollar invested in business travel.
- Executives cited conference and trade show participation returns ranging from $4.00 to $5.99 per dollar invested.
Source: Oxford Economics Business Travel Study; Oxford Economics, 2009
Face-to-Face meetings, including tradeshows, build strong business relationships, so take this opportunity to be a part of the solid waste and recycling community at WasteExpo.
There is simply no replacement for the power of a face-to-face meeting. Register for WasteExpo today!