Activated - Model CHAR-CARB - Granular Carbon Filter Media
CHAR-CARB Activated Granular Carbonis made from selected coconut shells to insure positive quality control during the manufacturing process. Virgin raw material is activated thermally in a rotary kiln steam atmosphere. By maintaining strict quality control standards, high adsorption of odors and other contaminates from occupied air space can be achieved. CHAR-CARB can also be effectively used in most liquid phase applications to remove odors, tastes, chemicals and organic compounds.
- Activity - CCl4 (ASTM-D-3467) - 60% min.
- Apparent Density - 0.44 - 0.49 g/cm3 (ASTM-D-2854)
- Hardness (MIL-C-17605B) - 97 Typical
- Moisture as packed (ASTM-D-2867) - 3% max.
- Ash (ASTM-D-2866) - 3% max.
- Surface Area - 1100-1250 m2/g (N2 BET Method)
- Pore Volume - 0.50 cm3/g Typical
- Specific Heat at 15 oC - 0.65-0.75
- pH Water Extract - 9.50
- 4 X 6 Mesh
- 4 X 8 Mesh
- 4 X 12 Mesh
- 6 X 12 Mesh
- 8 X 16 Mesh
- 12 X 30 Mesh
- 200 and 50 pound fiber drums
- 55 pound (25 kg) bags
- 20 and 4.5 pound cans
- 1100 pound supersacks.