Active Island Reactor
The Active Island Reactor is a floating water treatment system, viagra which provides enhanced natural processes to improve water quality. Our Active Island Reactor technology is an engineered floating ecology designed to optimize powerful natural treatment processes within a planted aquatic landscape feature. The AIR combines the latest developments in ecological engineering with new biofilm research and wastewater treatment processes.
Polluted water is drawn into the system from underneath by the aerator circulator power train. The influent water is mixed with air at the centre of the system and a mixture of fine bubbles and water is propelled out from the power train into the Dynamic Media System.
Dynamic Media System
Biomatrix proprietary dynamic media system provides a powerful bioreactor and stable environment for beneficial water cleansing bacteria.
As the air/water mix is propelled into the Dynamic Media billions of hungry bacteria trap, consume, breakdown and transform water contaminants. The process calculations and flow design is carried out specifically for each installation.
Low Cost Treatment
Capital cost per Kg of pollution removed is typically less than half the cost of conventional wastewater treatment plants due to integration and activation of the surrounding waterway environment.
- Improved water quality = increased water resource value.
- Improved aquatic biodiversity = increased ecological value.
- Improved water aesthetic = improved amenity and recreation value.
- Improved quality, ecology and amenity = increased economic value.
- Marine grade fully cross-braced structure.
- Attractive landscape feature.
- Low capital and operational cost per m³ capacity.
- Low maintenance.
- Moveable island structure.
- Variable operation, adustable to seasonal requirements.
- Suitable for tropical or temperate climates.