Adams - Air Driven Hydraulic Pumps
Air driven hydraulic pumps are an alternative to conventional electric motor or engine driven hydraulics. While using compressed air to generate high fluid pressure has been used for many years, advances in sealing technology and high pressure system components have stimulated the development of highly efficient, powerful, and flexible air driven hydraulic pumps systems.
There are a number of significant advantages of air driven pumps over electric motor and engine driven options. For example :
- Air driven pumps are capable of variable rates of flow and react directly to system demand.
- They do not generate heat from relief valves or case drains and they are explosion proof.
- They can accommodate a wide range of fluid viscosity and compatibility ranges.
- No additional motor starter or other external controls are required.
- They can be stalled and maintain pressure with no energy consumption.
- Air driven hydraulic pumps can generate high pressures (up to 26,500 PSI) yet can be packaged in smaller systems.
Air driven hydraulic pumps can be used virtually anywhere that efficient hydraulic pressure is required.
Just a few examples of the versatility and broad spectrum of applications include:
- Commercial and military vehicles, trucks, and trailers
- Hydraulic actuation of doors, ramps, out riggers, and lifting of floors
- Pressure, tensile, and non-destructive burst testing
- Waste compactors both on and off-shore
- Hydraulic work holding (clamps, swing clamps, work supports)
- Garage equipment, pit jacks, vehicle lifts, bench presses and hydraulic pullers
- Hydraulic operation of industrial and marine disc brakes and clutches.
- In all potentially explosive environments where protection to Ex II 2 G D,c T6 (85)standards is applicable
Air Driven Hydraulic Pumps are an efficient, safe, and flexible option to electric motor and engine driven pumps in a wide variety of applications.