AGCOS - Model COMx64 - Switching Module for Shallow Depth 2D Resistivity and Induced Polarization Imaging
Switching module COMx64 is specially designed to be used with compact multifunctional EM receiver MARY-24 for shallow resistivity imaging. This module features an internal switching board for 64 potential electrodes. Four strings of cable with 16 electrode take-out each are connected to switching module. System is designed for surveys with Pole-Dipole Array. One electrode is moved manually. Lightweight, rugged, high accuracy multifunctional EM receiver MARY-24 with switching module COMx64 is ideal affordable instrument for archeological, geological mapping and civil engineering applications. Surveys can be performed very efficiently with only two (2) field operators.
COMx64 module switches only potential electrodes using the sequence in the internal memory. Current electrode position is indicated on the receiver screen. Application of Pole-Dipole Array is optimal for semiautomatic resistivity imaging.
- Low cost of switching module and strings
- Surveys could be preformed with steel or non-polarizing electrodes for precise IP measurements
- Set of grounded current electrodes could be used to improve grounded resistance in difficult terrain conditions
- Offset current electrodes allow to roll along array without overlapping
- Number of potential electrodes: 64
- Array: Pole-Dipole (forward + reverse)
- Setup length: 189m + offset electrodes
- Depth of investigation: up to 50m
- Number of readings: 500 - 1000
- Measurement time: ~ 1-2 hours