AMETEK PI - Model 5830 - Moisture Analyzer
Building upon the success of our quartz-crystal moisture measurement technology, the 5830 is an easy-to-use process moisture analyzer that offers a truly remarkable combination of performance features: exceptional accuracy, multi-gas compatibility, fast response speed, and wide measurement range.
The 5830 is ideal for critical moisture measurement applications including high purity gas production, semiconductor gases, and industrial gas production and quality assurance. Equipped with an on-line verification system, this state-of-the-art analyzer is designed to rapidly build and maintain operator confidence in its analyses. The verification system allows you to challenge the analyzer’s sensor at will with either a zero gas or an actual NIST-traceable moisture concentration to check both its baseline stability and responsiveness to real moisture. No other manufacturer offers these exclusive abilities in their moisture analyzers.
- Compatible Gases: Inerts (He, Ar, Ne, Xe, Kr), O2 , H2, N2, NO, CO, hydrocarbons, air, and some specialty gases such as sulfur hexafluoride, CO2, requires a custome measurement cell. Contact AMETEK to confirm compatibility with other gases.
- Range: 0 to 100 ppmv. Indicates trend to 1000 ppmv. Display is software settable to show ppmv, ppbv or dew point (requires pressure input)
- Reference Dryer Life: Over 1,000,000 ppmv-hrs nominal (e.g. Dryer will last over five years with a 20 ppmv inlet moisture concentration)
- Limit of Detection: 20 ppb
- Accuracy: ±20 ppbv or 10% of the reading, whichever is greater
- Response Time: 63% of a step change in either direction in less than 5 minutes
- Inlet Pressure: 138 to 345 kPa (20 to 50 psig)
- Exhaust Pressure: Atmospheric
- Sample Flow Requirements: Approx. 150 sccm in sample saver mode. Approx. 1 slpm with by-pass open
- Sample Gas Temperature: 0º to 100ºC (32º to 212ºF)
- Outputs: Four line digital display
- A fully programmable 4 to 20 mA analog output
- RS485 serial communication
- Alarms: Three drycontact closures, 32 VDC maximum, 1A noninductive load (moisture, data, valid, and system alarm). Alarm signals are available on the RS485 interface.
- Software Features: Displays ppmv or ppbv moisture reading or dew point, timer status, and instrument status
- Environmental Conditions: 5º to 50ºC (41º to 122ºF), 90% relative humidity, non-condensing, noncorrosive atmosphere. Optimal performance in ppbv applications is achieved when the ambient temperature is maintained within ±2ºC.
- Utility Requirements: 85 to 265 volts, 47 to 63 Hz, 185 W
- Instrument Air: 483 to 690 kPa (70 to 100 psi)
- Mounting Configurations: 19' rack/bench top installation
- Dimensions(WxHxD): 48.3 x 13.3 x 41.9 cm (19 x 5.25 x 16.5 in)
- Net Weight: 12.7 kg (28 lb)
- MET Certified to:
- UL/CSA General Safety Requirements
- NEC/CEC Class I, Div 2, Groups A,B,C,D T4