Andrin - Model CHPAF - Circular Lifting Electro-Magnet
From Lifting Magnets
Our patented CMPAF and CHPAF series are circular medium and highperformance electromagnets equipped with double concentric 3-pole coiling.
They are recommended for handling large quantities of bulk products :
- Light machining scrap metal,
- Medium scrap metal from metal grinding,
- Heavy scrap metal from industrial scrap,
- Mixtures from industrial scrap and steel residues.
Their sturdiness and sealness make them ideal for outside applications or uses in difficult conditions, such as :
- Scrap metal areas in electric steel plants and converters,
- Truck and wagon loading and unloading at metal recycling plants,
- Batching in the steel foundry
Our CMPAF and CHPAF are made of a single-unit steel shell protecting the patented double coiling. Main parts include :
- a grooved, high magnetic permeability steel shell. Mechanical adjustments and mounting surfaces are machined for added magnet surfacing,
- three double suspension lugs with shafts and washers,
- a double concentric coil with reinforced insulation,
- a manganese-silica steel magnetic wear plate. This high resistance part is held by circlips,
- a insulation filling resin blocking the coil in the shell,
- a double electrical box cast in the mass for external connections and internal coil protection.
An impact absorber in the shell protects them from mechanical impacts.INSTALLATION METHOD
The CMPAF and CHPAF can be installed on any lifting device (travelling crane, crane, portico…). Used alone, they are hung to a three-strand chain with a common ring.
The electric connection is provided by an insulated 3-conductor cable.SPECIFICATIONS
Performance varies depending on various parameters :
- Treated product features,
- Ferro-magnetic part features,
- Product temperature.
The impact of apparent density on the lifting performance is shown in the curve on the back of this page.
There are 5 types of CMPAF and CHPAF based on diameter: 1500, 1650, 1800, 2000, 2200 mm.ANDRIN PATENT
The Andrin patent consists in dividing the coiling into 2 concentric coils separated by an intermediate steel pole.
The result is a single longer and deeper magnetic field with better thermal dissipation.THE ADVANTAGES
- Sealed steel shell, impact and wear resistant,
- Magnetic circuit protection against external particles and humidity,
- Magnetic distribution field improved by patent to increase grip on OD of magnet,
- Thermal dissipation through grooving and 3-pole system,
- Double connection box,
- Operating factor : 50 % to 75 % depending on use,
- Lifting capacity increased by 10 to 12 % compared with standard devices.
No specific maintenance required, apart from regular electric connection, shell and suspension cable inspections.OPTIONS
- Electric devices
- Electrical control, monitoring and security equipment (contactor or static variant)
- Specific voltage
- Protector circling
- High-hardness mounting surface resurfacing
- Independent stabilising chains
- Other sizes on request up to 3000 mm diameter.
- Special series for hot product handling
- Sealed version
- Enhanced special series for melting puzzle balls handling (unpatented CHPA-R version, a single coil)