Automess - Model 6150AD-15/E and 6150AD-18/E - Downhole Probes
From Automess - 6150AD
The calibratable gamma probes 6150AD-15/E and 6150AD-18/E are used in conjunction with a dose rate meter 6150AD to measure photon radiation (gamma and X-rays) in the quantity of H*(10). Geiger-Müller counters are used as detectors. The probes only work with the “/E” versions of the 6150AD. Both types of probe differ in the type of built-in counter and thus in the measuring range. If dose rates above 10 mSv/h are not to be expected, the probe 6150AD-18/E with its more sensitive detector should be preferred, otherwise the probe 6150AD-15/E with a range up to 10 Sv/h.
Like the dose rate meter 6150AD itself, the probes are only suitable for measuring photon radiation (not for measuring alpha or beta radiation). Therefore, there are two reasons for using a gamma probe instead of the 6150AD itself:
- The location of the measurement and the location of the reading are different, e.g. for measurements in poorly accessible places.
- The measuring range should be increased up to 9.99 Sv/h with the probe 6150AD-15/E, or decreased to 0.5 µSv/h with the probe 6150AD-18/E. Only the combination of the 6150AD-18/E probe with a 6150AD2/E or 6150AD6/E does not extend the measuring range, since all of these devices use the same type of counter. Only the first reason speaks in favour of such a combination.
calibratable, high dose power probe, power supply from 6150AD.
- Analogue display range: 0.1 mSv/h–10 Sv/h
- Digital display range: 0.01 µSv/h–9.99 mSv/h
- Digital display range: 1 µSv/h–9.99 mSv/h
- Energy range: 65 keV–3 MeV
calibratable, low dose power probe, power supply from 6150AD.
- Analogue display range: 0.1 µSv/h - 10 mSv/h
- Digital display range: 0.01 µSv/h - 9.99 mSv/h
- Digital display range: 0.5 µSv/h - 9.99 mSv/h
- Energy range: 65 keV–1.3 MeV