BioGent - Water Management System
Uncontrolled urinals can flush every 3 minutes resulting in up to 2000 cubic metres used per year costing up to £10k. As well as being costly, this is in breach of the ‘Water Regulations 1999’ which specifies a maximum water usage of 7.5 litres per urinal bowl or 700mm of slab per hour.
Most popular related searches
Flush controllers and waterless urinals can reduce water usage by up to 90%. However, the build up of uric scale and conversion of urea to ammonia can cause significant odour problems and blockages.
Uric scale is extremely hard to remove and can combine with limescale to form an ideal breeding ground for urease producing bacteria. These bacteria convert the urea into ammonia, further elevating the pH, increasing scale build-up and creating foul smelling odours.
Urine is a perfect food source for these ‘bad’ bacteria, creating a cycle that increases maintenance costs and customer/staff complaints.
How does BioGent work?
BioGent provides water savings while ensuring washrooms remain odour and blockage free. It works to reduce the formation of uric/limescale and the resulting bacteria:
- Stops minerals in the water combining to reduce scale
- Naturally lowers the water to pH4 to reduce scale
- Sanitises the bowl and pipework to remove bad bacteria
- The system is controlled by a digital timer allowing a flush interval of up to 45 minutes, with a hygiene flush facility for out-of-hours.
- The product is dosed into the header tank with each flush, ensuring all water is treated at the correct rate.
- Part of the success of the system is a quarterly service interval by trained engineers
No reviews were found for BioGent - Water Management System. Be the first to review!