CETCO - High-Solids Powdered Bentonite Grout
CETCO GROUT is a 20% solids, polymer-free, single-component, easy-to-use sodium bentonite grout available in powdered form. CETCO GROUT allows placement in a low viscosity state. CETCO GROUT is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60, Drinking Water Treatment Chemicals - Health Effects.
CETCO GROUT is designed for grouting waterwells and monitoring wells and for decommissioning abandoned wells and boreholes. It forms a low-permeability, flexible seal.
- Generates no heat during curing; will not damage casings
- Low permeability; laboratory results range from 1 x 10-7 to 1 x 10-8 cm/sec
- Physically stable; will not flow through highly permeable soil
- Protects the aquifer from surface water intrusion
- Remains flexible; maintains putty-like consistency over time
- Single bag for easy one-step mixing
Add one 50 lb (22.7 kg) bag of CETCO GROUT to 24 gallons (91 liters) of freshwater to produce 3.5 ft3 (0.1 m3) of grout. Once mixed to proper consistency, CETCO GROUT should be pumped through a tremie pipe with a positive displacement pump from the bottom of the well up to the surface. Pumping should continue until the grout at the surface reaches the initial mud weight of 9.4 lbs/gal (0.63 kg/m3).
50 lb (22.7 kg) bag, 48 per pallet. All pallets are plastic-wrapped.