Compur - Model Statox 560 - Gas Detector Self Tests with Gas
The Statox 560 might be one of the safest gas detectors at all. Functional safety level 2 – EN 61508 quantifies its low probability of failure on demand. Furthermore a self test with the target gas assures that a failure – how unlikely ever – will never go unnoticed. The self test is not only capable detecting a failure, but will also generate a maintenance request alert if necessary. This saves a lot of time for preventive maintenance.
The Statox 560 is in any aspect a state – of – the – art product:
The new sensor generation features high sensitvity, fast response, low interferences and plug – and play technology.
The gas generators produce the target gas and thus offer a 100 % proof that all components are in perfect condition.
The output signals are a 4 – 20 mA analog signal plus 4 open collector outputs for A1, A2, maintenance request and system failure.
The electronics are well protected in an Ex d housing with window. The self test starts automatically once per day on a programmable schedule, or can be triggered manually with a magnetic pin or by a remote contact in the control room. This feature will safe time when you need it most: In case of an exposure, the sensor must be tested to make sure it has not been poisoned. With a Statox 560 you can do this just with a push of a button!
The magnetic pin is the tool to access the menu in the Ex d housing. Here you can set parameters and perform a prooftest or a calibration.
The sensor module holds the sensor, the generator cell and a micropump. It is an Ex i module, i. e. for work on this module there is no hot work permit required! The module can be replaced completey by a fresh one which has been calibrated in the shop. This design reduces the work in the field to an absolute minimum.
The Statox offers 100 % safety plus utmost operator convenience!
- Product name: Statox 560
- Type: 5377
- Manufacturer: COMPUR Monitors GmbH & Co. KG, Weissenseestr. 101, D-81539 Munich
- Power supply: 24 (16-30) VDC
- Power consumption: max. 2.7 W (8.7 W for COCl2) at input voltage ≤ 26 VDC
- Operating temperature: to +60°C
- Storage temperature: -30°C to +60°C
- Pressure: 700 to 1300 hPa
- Humidity: 0% to 99% r. H. (non condensing)
- Application: II 2G
- Explosion protection: Ex d ib IIC T4 Gb (at Um = 30 VDC for all connections)
- EC type examination certificate: BVS 16 ATEX E 065 X
- Protection class EN60529: IP 66 (gas intake IP54)
- Display: 2 x 16 signs, illuminated
- Housing: Cast aluminum epoxide varnish / stainless steel
- Connections: 10-core cable tail (1 m) or 7-pin eXLink plug
- 2 x alarm, 1 x system failure, 1 x maintenance request
- Characteristic values max. 30 VDC / 2.5 A
- SF-Open-Drain- output:
- In normal operation active (conductive)
- 0 mA in case of system failure
- 2 or 4 mA in the service mode, programmable
- Analog output:
- 4 – 20 mA in the measuring mode
- 22 mA when full scale is exceeded
- max. burdon: 450 Ohm
- EMC: EN 61000-6-4:2007 + A1:2011 / EN 50270:2015 (type 2)
- Functional safety: SIL 2 compliant according to IEC 61508:2010
- Automatic self-test: every 24 hours, time is selectable
- Weight: ca. 4800 g
- Dimensions: 121 x 294 x 138 mm (W x H x D)