EcoGreenText’s Non woven Geotextiles are fibrous sheets in which the fibers can be almost randomly orientated. These materials are manufactured from either staple fibers (synthetic or natural) or continuous filaments of PP or PET which are randomly distributed in layers onto a moving belt to form a 'web' of assembled fibers; blends of PP and PET staple fibers are also used. With staple fiber the web is formed by a carding machine, usually a roller and clearer card and is cross-laid onto the moving belt. Continuous filament webs are produced during the melt spinning process by extruding multi-filament yarns to form a swirling pattern of fibers as they deposit onto the moving belt.
In staple-fiber cross-laid webs, the fiber directions are semi-random within the two dimensional plane, whereas the swirling pattern of the continuous fiber webs give, almost, a totally random fiber orientation. Increasing the number of layers and the number fibers in each layer forming the web, increases the thickness and thereby the bulk of the assembled mass which will also contains a high volume of open spaces. To give cohesion and strength to the assembled fiber layers, the fiber lengths are either interlocked or thermally bonded. Interlocking of the fiber lengths is achieved through a process called “needle punching”.
- Construction - Our polypropylene non woven Geotextiles easily conform to the ground or trench surface for trouble free installation
- Strength - Our Geotextiles withstand installation stresses with high puncture and tear resistance
- Drainage - High permittivity properties provide high water flow rates while providing excellent soil retention
- Environmental - Our Geotextiles are chemically stable in a wide range of aggressive environments
- Cost Effective - Our Geotextiles provide economical solutions to many civil engineering applications including a cost-effective alternative to graded-aggregate filters
- Our non woven are used in critical subsurface drainage systems, soil separation, permanent erosion control, HDPE and other geomembranes in landfill construction. These Geotextiles provide the required puncture strength and abrasion resistance to withstand
- Other applications for non woven in landfill applications include leachate collection/removal systems and for gas collection and venting systems.
- Non woven Geotextiles play a critical role in the collection of liquids in waste containment systems. The non woven geotextiles prevent clogging of the collection pipes and drainage aggregates. The successful removal of these liquids is critical to the performance of the landfill site.
- Our Geotextiles assist in maintaining an outlet for gases to escape from below the liner systems. Gases may also travel within the non woven fabrics laterally until it reaches a vent. For these collection systems to be effective, they must have a properly designed protective filter.
- Our non woven Geotextiles allow designers flexibility in finding an economic source of a specific aggregate gradation and assuring that the in place aggregate provides effective filter performance.