Electronic Scrap shredding & Processing- E-Scrap
Processing electronic scrap (E-Scrap or WEEE) presents special challenges. Computers, consumer electronics, IT equipment and white goods need to be destroyed to extract recyclables or ensure the security of the product. Hard drives, tapes and data storage devices must be completely destroyed to provide data security. And, while many electronic scrap items do not require the specific size reduction that hard drives or other data storage devices require, all electronic scrap includes recoverable materials that can be recycled for future use. As a result, separation and recovery are critical elements of the shredding process for electronic materials.
Examples of E-scrap Materials and Applications:
- Commercial E-Scrap (servers & mainframes, printers & peripherals, digital copy machines, etc.)
- Consumer E-Scrap (PCs, home audio equipment, desktop printers, televisions, cellphones, etc.)
- Hard-drives, data storage devices and mediums
- Product and Security Destruction
- Size Reduction, Material Liberation and Separation
Granutech’s Saturn Shredders provide the precise size reduction required for the destruction of prototypes and data storage devices. Fully integrated separators allow for efficient sorting and reclamation of marketable materials. Whether you are processing consumer electronics, commercial e-scrap or prototypes, our shredders are designed to produce the size reduction you require while seamlessly integrating material separation and recovery for marketable materials.
Saturn’s e-scrap shredders are low to mid range speed, high torque shredders designed for high volume processing. Integrated separation systems can provide primary and secondary separation and size reduction to prepare materials for sale or disposal.
- Cutter options include size, shape, quantity and material, providing custom shredding for high-security applications
- Custom Blades
- Drives from 50HP to 1,250HP
- Screens or magnets can be used to separate materials after shredding
- Grinder and granulators can be integrated if further sizing is needed
- Ancillary equipment, such as infeed and discharge conveyors, vibration, or rotary screen classifiers and other separation equipment, can be integrated into your system design
Our electronic scrap shredding/E-scrap shredders can process up to 100 tons/hr and provide a wide array of volume reduction requirements. Additionally, hammermills and grinders are available to handle variable requirements and multi-stage systems
Granutech Saturn Systems’ experience in designing and manufacturing shredders and size reduction equipment for e-scrap processing means that you will be working with someone who understands the materials you are working with and will design an effective, efficient solution for your application. To make sure the equipment will perform as needed, we encourage our customers to let us test-shred their materials at our test facility. You will know your electronic equipment will be securely destroyed.
Our manufacturing standards are the highest in the industry and everyone at Granutech Saturn Systems is committed to manufacturing the highest performing shredders in the industry. As a testament to that, nearly every Saturn shredder sold since 1984 is still in operation today.