Elgressy - Model EST - Cooling Tower Water Treatment System
Using a unique electrochemical process, the E.S.T system actively, efficiently and cost effectively deals with the problems associated with cooling water systems without using harmful chemicals.
Multiple solutions and benefits in one system:
Save up to 60% on operational costs:
- 100% savings on chemicals
- 20% - 40% decrease in water usage
- 5% - 15% lower energy costs
- 10% - 50% reduction in labor costs
- No chemical feeds or discharge
- Water can be recycled and reused for irrigation
Scale and Corrosion Control
- All precipitation of salts occurs in the reaction chamber
- No scale in the system heat exchangers
- Control over corrosion potential due to low aggression of water
Longer system lifespan
- Cooling system works better and longer
Full control and supervision
- Performance is monitored with complete control of all parameters
The E.S.T System is connected to the cooling system or the cooling tower externally so no intervention in the system is needed. This significantly reduces installation costs and time.
A reaction chamber with electrodes (anodes) installed inside acts as a cathode.
The reaction tank is connected to the cooling tower via a circulation pump, and the water is circulated from the cooling tower basin to the reaction tank and back to the cooling tower.
Tank anodes are constructed from nickel oxide coated titanium, an exclusive Elgressy patent.
DC current passes from the cathode, through the electrolyte (water) in the reaction tank, to the anodes and produces OH ions, which causes a rise in pH near the reaction tank walls. This causes scale to sink to the bottom of the tank, produces corrosion preventing copper and iron ions and creates an environment that prevents the development of harmful micro-organisms. Scale that accumulates on the bottom of the reaction tank is extracted by a pump.
OH+ ions that remain near the anodes cause a decrease of pH levels and produce oxidants which disinfect the water.
Maintenance and control of the E.S.T system is performed on site with constant access to all figurers and parameters relating to water quality and system performance online. The Elgressy support team is available to provide on-line support and solutions.