EnviCat N2O and EnviCat NOx are used in Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) processes. For tail-gas temperatures below 500º C, selective reduction with EnviCat N2O and EnviCat NOx is the most efficient and cost-effective solution. These catalysts are used with EnviNOx technology, which is an innovative process developed in co-operation with the plant engineering company ThyssenKrupp Uhde GmbH. N2O and NOx are reduced in this process by ammonia and/or short-chain alkanes like methane or propane yielding nitrogen as harmless product.
One way to reduce such emissions is the catalytic conversion to the harmless gases nitrogen and water. Clariant provides the EnviCat NOx series catalysts for these applications. These catalysts are available in bulk and honeycomb forms, and can be used across a wide range of operation conditions.
The EnviCat NOx series is based on transition metal exchanged zeolites, which enable high-performance operation thru a broad temperature range. VWT based EnviCat NOx Yellow for the middle temperature range, Zeolite based EnviCat NOx Blue for low temperatures, and Zeolite based EnviCat NOx Red for higher temperatures.
- Well-proven catalytic technology for a highly effective removal of NOx exhausts
- Designed also for high space velocities (up to 60.000 h-1)
- Available as honeycombs or pellets
- Operation temperature range from 190° C up to 600° C
- Active for »Fast« and »Standard« SCR also in the presence of oxygen and humidity
The EnviCat NOx series have been developed for plants operating between 1 to 10 bar and in a high oxygen environment.
For conditions where SCR is not possible or not meaningful, EnviCat NSCR and EnviCat TWC catalysts can be applied.
Additionally, multiple-bed catalytic systems for the combined removal of VOC/CO and NOx can be provided by Clariant.
EnviCat NOx Blue and EnviCat NOx Red can be applied for the selective oxidation of ammonia to nitrogen and water (SCO) with only low formation of N2O and NOx. Typical application: Semiconductor industry.
- Significant advantage compared to noble metal catalysts where N2O and NOx are the main products.
- Well-proven catalyst technology to achieve high levels of NH3 conversion with only low formation of N2O or NOx.
- Typical space velocities: 10000 – 30000h-1
EnviCat NOx Blue and EnviCat NOx Red catalysts are be operated at higher temperatures than conventional precious metal (PGM) based catalysts, they form mainly N2 with a selectivity typically above 90 %.