Subsurface waterjet technology engineered to deliver a slow release hydrogen donor for effective in situ bioremediation in low-permeability soils. BioJet provides a solution for one of the most difficult challenges of environmental remediation in low permeability (clayey and silty) soils. The technology uses BioJet tools to create intimate contact between the remediation products and the contaminants by “cutting” circular slots in the soil to facilitate effective distribution of the remediation products throughout the low permeability soils. BioJet treatment is focused, application time is reduced compared to traditional injection technologies, and improved biotreatment of residual, bound contamination eliminates contaminant rebound in groundwater.
What happens when a precision subsurface waterjet cutting technology meets an effective subsurface environmental remediation technology and is implemented using industry standard Geotechnical Engineering skills?
Consider BioJet technology to:
- Eliminate back diffusion from low K zones
- Treat a wide area (up to 20 m2) with a single injection point
- Deliver extended-release EOS engineered substrate for long-term treatment
- Address contaminant hotspots economically
- Apply in limited spaces around structures
How does BioJet work?
- Drill to affected area (low K soils)
- Slice the soil with BioJet equipment
- Fill the sliced areas with EOS engineered substrate
- EOS engineered substrate facilitates hydrogen diffusion and activates microbes to decompose contaminants