From Electron Acceptors
EAS provides sulfate to stimulate anaerobic degradation of hydrocarbons in groundwater under sulfate-limiting conditions. Takes advantage of pre-existing anaerobic conditions at petroleum sites through enhanced sulfate reduction
- Aqueous solution for easy injection and distribution
- Increases pH
- Exceptional for remediating sulfate-depleted, anaerobic hydrocarbon plumes
- Technology published and proven by BP, Arcadis, Parsons, Antea Group
- Highly effective for toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes
- Direct Injection: Inject into the contaminated zone through temporary/permanent injection wells or direct push rods under gravity feed or low pressure.
- Excavations: Apply to the base of an excavation that penetrates the water table.
- Surface Application: Apply to unpaved permeable surface areas for infiltration to shallow groundwater.
- Electron Acceptor: EAS® : Typical
- Solutions of sulfate salts (% by wt.) : 30
- Nutrients (% by wt.) : 1
- Electron acceptor equivalents per lb. : 4.5
Shipped in 55-gallon drums, 275-gallon IBC totes or bulk tankers (40,000 lbs.)
Handling & Storage
For best performance, use EAS within 90 days of delivery and store at a temperature between 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C).