EOS - Model 100 - Water-Mixable Vegetable Oil Based Organic Substrate
EOS 100 is a water-mixable vegetable oil based organic substrate which provides a longlasting source of carbon for enhanced in situ anaerobic bioremediation. EOS 100 is shipped as a concentrate; simply mix with water to instantly create an injection-ready oil solution.
- Water-mixable organic substrate excellent for barrier applications and high velocity aquifers
- Water-mixable vegetable oil based organic substrate which provides a long-lasting source of carbon for enhanced in situ anaerobic bioremediation
EOS 100 benefits:
- 100% fermentable
- Contains no water to reduce freight costs
- Employs the proven EOS® technology
- Longer shelf-life than competing emulsion products
- Greater oil retention – excellent for barrier applications or high velocity aquifers
Domestic supply made in the USA with US farmed soybeans.
- Parameter : Value
- Oil Concentrate: EOS 100 : Typical
- Organic Carbon (% by wt.) : 100
- Refined and Bleached US Soybean Oil (% by wt.) : 85
- Slow Release Organics (% by wt.) : 15
- Specific Gravity : 0.92 – 0.93
Shipped in 55-gallon drums, 275-gallon IBC totes or bulk tankers (40,000 lbs.)
Handling & Storage
EOS 100 is shipped as concentrated oil that is diluted with water in the field to prepare a solution for easy injection. EOS 100 has a low viscosity and can be distributed with commonly available pumps or by continuous metering with a diluter (e.g., Dosatron™). Dilution ratios for EOS 100 typically range from 4:1 to 20:1 (water: EOS 100) depending on site conditions. EOS 100 injections should be followed with additional chase water to maximize distribution of EOS 100 into the formation.
EOS 100 has a shelf-life of ≥ 2 years depending on storage conditions.
- Ideal for fractured rock
- Extended shelf life
- Food-grade and USDA certified
- 100% fermentable carbon
- Increased oil retention – longer life in biobarriers